• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I still like and trust Shanny. It's not his fault some fucked up shit went down with people who were indeed qualified to do the job like Babcock and the Marner list, The Dubas Family, first round pick dying, Tavares getting beheaded in a gimme first round, cap getting stalled in the low $80Ms, and so on.

I might've told this story before but if so, its worth repeating....

Back when Quinn was essentially close to passing, he *STILL* took the time to visit a former player in the hospital (but gave specific instructions for that player *NOT* to be told just how bad in terms of health Quinn was). When Keenan was coaching the Canucks, Keenan was bad mouthing the former Canuck head coach Quinn in the locker room (for whatever reason); Gino Odjick just took a punch at a locker & told Keenan the next time he heard him say something bad about Quinn, that would him. He said Keenan could call *him* every name in the book but the line in the sand was Quinn to him. He inspired that kind of loyalty.

To this day the only guy who had Toronto figured out. Be combative with the media, foster an us against them mentality with the team.

Back