• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

also, it's sad that people are not differentiating between potato varietals #shame

It's not about prorating it's about acknowledging that midseason standings will inevitably look closer than full season standings even though the actual records are the same.
You don't think 90% of a league at 0.500 is parity?

What would the league look like with 10 teams above 600 and the rest at 400? That's not parity.

Well I can see clearly we have differing definitions of parity. in this discussion it was based on shoddy officiating.

Bettman had said on numerous occasions that parity, especially for his sunbelt babies, is paramount and his definition of parity is teams being able to compete against top teams. The assist comes in the penalty calls / non calls.

I believe there's far more parity than you but I also believe there's nudges going on to keep teams in games.

Well I can see clearly we have differing definitions of parity. in this discussion it was based on shoddy officiating.

Bettman had said on numerous occasions that parity, especially for his sunbelt babies, is paramount and his definition of parity is teams being able to compete against top teams. The assist comes in the penalty calls / non calls.

I believe there's far more parity than you but I also believe there's nudges going on to keep teams in games.
Bettman gets hard when "parity" is said. Everything about the league is geared towards this. Whether or not parity sells better than having dominant teams is a question though.

parity is the goal of very pro league...otherwise the amateur draft would be banned

nobody wants a league with three HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS and 29 Washington Generals

citation needed.

Parity is at the forefront for Bettman and I'm supposed to believe they leave incompetent officials on the ice because it's good for the game? No, human error is the equalizer. When it isn't error it's a ref with a hard on for a player that ticked him off.

Use AI for officiating and I may change my mind.

Literally not one quote from Bettman in any of those articles mentioning parity.

Literally not one quote from Bettman in any of those articles mentioning parity.
FFS. You're playing dumb. It's out if his mouth all the time and confirmed by reporters. Most of it is on videos and I'm working. Not doing that.

Go ahead and use it as an out but the parity is attempted daily.

Back