• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I mean when the second best rental C on the market is Sean Monahan it makes sense for the price for Lindholm to be really high. No one wants to settle for the No Name version this year

Interested to see the rest of the cost...because Kuzmenko isn't an asset....or shouldn't be.

Also lol at habsfans trying to tell us that Monahan would be the most sought after centre in trade.
He will be now. Talk about price increase. 😉

Brzustewicz is apparently racking up 2nd assists on a stacked team and doesn't really drive play/have great tools + he can't really skate. So Canucks may know this and may also be selling high here. He was left off the US junior team as well so obviously his value is not quite matching the counting stats here. Solid flyer for Calgary to take tho.

Don't know what to think of it really. I don't really buy that the nucks are that good. I like Lindholm but just as a 2nd liner and he's got to bounce back to even be a true plus in that role but he probably does get a nice bump with the nucks.

That's a pretty hefty price for a non-star rental tho.

I don't think i'd want the leafs to beat that offer.

Brzustewicz is apparently racking up 2nd assists on a stacked team and doesn't really drive play/have great tools + he can't really skate. So Canucks may know this and may also be selling high here. He was left off the US junior team as well so obviously his value is not quite matching the counting stats here. Solid flyer for Calgary to take tho.
He's leading the team in points. As a dman

Team doesn't appear to be stacked all.

I mean mesar is probably the next best and he has only play 25 games.

Mixed feelings. I think he'll be really good, and a good fit for the Nucks. I think it'll definitely move them up a notch.

If there's no Kuzmenko aspect in a counteroffer from us, then maybe it's Minten and a 1st? Add a Voit or something to close it?

I don't think it would've been that hard to get it done. But I would've wanted him to extend for a good price as part of it, and not see him go jerk off to country music with blissful anonymity in Tennessee next July.

He's leading the team in points. As a dman
3rd in the OHL. His numbers are absurd yeah. I just read some comments about his tools not quite being at the level of comps who put up similar numbers as d's in the past. And the fact he didn't even make the US prolly means his perceived value is lower than his counting stats. Might just be another case of GM's overthinking it and undervaluing stats

But... the Leafs have their very own d prospect that put up super elite numbers playing pro in Finland a couple years ago and I recall zeke rightly pointing out that his tools weren't anything special so he was unsure. His next season was far worse. Tldr: I'll keep an open mind

Worm: stick to covid

Ok sorry

Back