• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Mixed feelings. I think he'll be really good, and a good fit for the Nucks. I think it'll definitely move them up a notch.

If there's no Kuzmenko aspect in a counteroffer from us, then maybe it's Minten and a 1st? Add a Voit or something to close it?

I don't think it would've been that hard to get it done. But I would've wanted him to extend for a good price as part of it, and not see him go jerk off to country music with blissful anonymity in Tennessee next July.
wugt

3rd in the OHL. His numbers are absurd yeah. I just read some comments about his tools not quite being at the level of comps who put up similar numbers as d's in the past. And the fact he didn't even make the US prolly means his perceived value is lower than his counting stats. Might just be another case of GM's overthinking it and undervaluing stats

But... the Leafs have their very own d prospect that put up super elite numbers playing pro in Finland a couple years ago and I recall zeke rightly pointing out that his tools weren't anything special so he was unsure. His next season was far worse. Tldr: I'll keep an open mind

Worm: stick to covid

Ok sorry
He is also a righty :p

USA were pretty stacked and they already had a hutson.

Calgary made out pretty good here and they can probably trade kuz at next year's deadline with some retention.

Also curious how this impacts the flames first the Habs got. Could end up being second overall!

Only if Florida is a lottery team in ‘25 and the pick they owe for Huberdeau is punted to ‘26. I think. It’s crazy messy.

Not sure Kuzmenko is a total negative, certainly not playing as well as last year and makes $5.5m so probably needed to offset the salaries. Still just 27 and could rebuild his value in Calgary.

Dom's got him down as a +3 Offense, -3 Defense and $3.8m Market Value. That's not $5.5 but not horrific either.

He's got Lindholm at +2 O and -2D, (Forecast +4 and -1), Market Value of $5.3m (salary $4.9).

Not sure Kuzmenko is a total negative, certainly not playing as well as last year and makes $5.5m so probably needed to offset the salaries. Still just 27 and could rebuild his value in Calgary.

Dom's got him down as a +3 Offense, -3 Defense and $3.8m Market Value. That's not $5.5 but not horrific either.

He's got Lindholm at +2 O and -2D, (Forecast +4 and -1), Market Value of $5.3m (salary $4.9).
A change of scenary might do him good or that last season might've been just a fluke. Canucks needed to move his contract in any event as he was just taking up a roster spot with a 5.5 million cap hit they couldn't afford to waste.

I just don’t get why they’re still there, playing in a city without an arena. Move to Houston or Portland or SLC or somewhere else where there is already something resembling an NHL calibre arena. If Phoenix gets its act together to build a new rink in the next 5 years, they can get an expansion team.

Did you ever say something like: "LOL there's no way Habs get a first for Chariot."?

I maintain that it’s absolutely not out of the realm of possibility that some NHL GM coughs up a 1st for him. 2nd + a prospect seems more likely, but a 1st is not impossible.

But the GM that does that will be a slobbering, brain-dead moron.

Back