• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I do wonder why I have to spend much time watching a ~10 yr veteran than I've seen play 20+ times just because he's on the Habs now, to have a functioning opinion formed on him as a player. I lived in Calgary for a handful of years during his time there on top of that ffs. I've seen him plenty.
This i simply the worst pyramid scheme to get people to watch the Habs with an end game to i dunno convince people that weirdo midgit is elite or something?

Monahan isn't a midget. Soft, and fragile but not a midget. Very Matt Stajanesque. A better version but still very vanilla.

Monahan isn't a midget. Soft, and fragile but not a midget. Very Matt Stajanesque. A better version but still very vanilla.
Oh no no no.....Monahan is the decoy, start this stupid argument to watch him, and the Habs and then turn it around into a Caulfield is better than Nylander conversation.

You're being fooled.

I would like to revisit when, actually if, Robertson hits 100 games played in the NHL

I've got no problems with that despite Robertson never having had the benefit of being forcefed games and minutes on a dogshit team.

Reactions: CH1
I think you guys are just overvaluing the attachement of contending teams for their first round pick at the deadline, probably because of past traumas.

12 first round picks were traded at last deadline. Look what the Preds got for Jeannot.

NYR lost Chtyl for the rest of the season, Colorado are playing Coulton on the second line because Johansen's been a disaster. What about Boston's center "depth"?

It's easy to see that there will be bidding for Monahan, who you also underrate probably because of some model you saw. Guessing you don't spend many evening watching the Habs.

I’d honestly completely forgotten about Jeannot’s existence, which I also wasn’t aware of until the Bolts paid a king’s ransom for him at the deadline.

So, thought I’d go have a peek at his stats aaaaand…woof. 7 goals & 18 points in 64 games in Tampa. One of the worst deadline deals in recent memory. The only upside for Tampa is that they unloaded Cal Foote in the deal before he was outed as a rapist.

Here's what I said:

I was wrong about the return, not wrong about the player. By the end of that playoffs Florida picked him up for, he was there #5 defender in ice time.
Irrelevant. You didn’t factor in the market.

I've seen the rankings and I disagree with them. People let draft slot and shit like World Junior performance hang around like a bad stink on prospect rankings and don't put nearly enough stock on age appropriate performance at their level.

Their "#1" rated prospect is putting up an okay but just okay D+1 season in the SHL. .59ppg is fine-ish, but his closest NHL comparables are guys like Jarnkrok, Johnsson, William Karlsson, Erikson Ek. Not bad players at all, but no stars in there. Willander is getting jerked off by the hockey media, and has been fine at Boston College, but for a NCAA D+1 he's been fine, just fine. We've seen what elite D+1 production looks like in the NCAA recently with Power, Adam Fox etc. Willander's production so far has been in the Mike Matheson, Brett Pesce, K'Andre Miller range. Again, good players, no stars.

Hunter Scrabble though? Some of the best D+1 production from a defender out of the OHL in a long time. Better than John Carlson, Evan Bouchard, Dougie Hamilton, etc, etc. If he keeps this production up, it will be the best OHL season by a D+1 since the 70's. I'm pretty sure Calgary just snagged Vancouver's best prospect by a fair margin, for a rental.
Thanks for looking into that. I just did a quick search and saw he was at least top 3. Canucks might have thought he was expendable because of Hughes but he seems really good judging from the stats alone.

So Preston should really stick to covid.

I've got no problems with that despite Robertson never having had the benefit of being forcefed games and minutes on a dogshit team.
I remember you trying to claim caufield was a product of Holloway though... So.... Maybe sit this one out.

And yes I proved you wrong, and yes you pulled a zeke... Unless of course that was zeke in which case my bad but also shuddup

Back