• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Blindz is mostly right tho - that's a really dumb move by the Jets.

But i kinda love that the Nucks and Jets - two bubble teams coming into the year with likely unsustainable first halves - got all excited and prematurely ejaculated all over the trade market. The Jets were already starting to cool down a bit, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the nucks start to buckle a bit now that they've ramped up expectations with trades and aren't just happy to be here.

Blindz is mostly right tho - that's a really dumb move by the Jets.

But i kinda love that the Nucks and Jets - two bubble teams coming into the year with likely unsustainable first halves - got all excited and prematurely ejaculated all over the trade market. The Jets were already starting to cool down a bit, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the nucks start to buckle a bit now that they've ramped up expectations with trades and aren't just happy to be here.
We all know it is dumb though. That wasn't the point. The point was GMs overvalue shit.

The jets have better nerdies than the nucks. And really the jets should be going all in. They backed themselves into a corner.

Ugh. Wanted more.
More than the 2 first round picks we have got for the ticking time bomb known as Sean Monahan? I think the Habs made out like bandits.

As for the Jets, let's see if Monahan manages not to get a season-ending injury between now and April.

And the NHL is going back to the Olympics...

rick-ric.gif

View: https://x.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1753455551634145425?s=20

When is the NHL going to stop propping up the one sports organization more venal and more corrupt than themselves?

Team Canada currently has the goalie who is a) leading the league in sv% (.936), b) 2nd in sv% the last 2yrs (.924), c) 1st in sv% last 2yrs including playoffs (.926) and c) is the current cup champ who led the playoffs in sv% (.932).

their drafting has been questionable though.
Curious about this. Questionable is probably right but hard to judge. Especially with covid effects.

Only 2 drafts and hard to evaluate yet. Definitely liked the 2022 draft better than 2023.

2022. For all the hate Slaf gets on this board he has actually been really good for awhile now. Weak draft and yes the Habs should have probably went with a dman but not going with Wright appears to be correct (and no I'm not losing sleep over Cooley).

Hutson could be a homerun. Engstrom has been getting good reviews as well. Though I am not as high on Beck as others there is no doubt he will play in the NHL. Mesar hasn't been great though for a late first rounder.

2023. Wanted michkov myself. Orville might be okay but they took all these overage players for some reason. Did not like that. Fowler seems real good though.

Back