• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

11dq.gif

Blaming gary for not changing the rules of hockey as it slid into the dead puck era seems a bit weird to me tbh.

Blaming gary for not changing the rules of hockey as it slid into the dead puck era seems a bit weird to me tbh.

The NBA proactively and regularly changes rules to produce a more attractive product to fans. Gary watched scoring crater by a goal per game for just under a decade from when he took over until the response to it after the lockout was "call all the fucking penalties!!!"

I think something should have been done. Isn't that the feeling everyone had at the time? The toenail in-the-crease was added DURING the dead puck era...
NBA makes changes if their scoring goes down and no one notices.

The NBA proactively and regularly changes rules to produce a more attractive product to fans. Gary watched scoring crater by a goal per game for just under a decade from when he took over until the response to it after the lockout was "call all the fucking penalties!!!"
Gary helped add rules to take away more scoring during the dead puck era.

Cut him a little slack. He absolutely needed that decade to really learn and understand the game and how it was played. He also spends a lot more time with prospective owners and their stooges than watching the games.

"Unless the puck is in the goal crease area, a player of the attacking side may not stand in the goal crease. If a player has entered the crease prior to the puck, and subsequently the puck should enter the net while such conditions prevail, the apparent goal shall not be allowed."

That was so NHL. Coming-up with that idea with scoring going way down, then burned them in the 99' finals.

Back