• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

The NBA proactively and regularly changes rules to produce a more attractive product to fans. Gary watched scoring crater by a goal per game for just under a decade from when he took over until the response to it after the lockout was "call all the fucking penalties!!!"

1a.png

1a2.png

dammit gary why would you listen to all those "hockey people" who "know the game".

Nothing did more to contribute to dead puck hockey than the offfside rule change. And no surprise things started to open back up in 05-06 when that dumbass rule was rolled back.

It's incredible in retrospect that they used to play that way, or that I just accepted it as what it was all those years.

Looking back, why the hell did they ever want that? Basically hockey's version of the fed trying to slow down the economy in an era of high scoring?

they also thought it was a great idea to shrink the ice between the goals for more room behind the net, where all the excitement happens.

I would make the ice bigger. Should have happened in the 90's with all the new arenas. And no, I am not suggesting Olympic-sized ice, just an in-between that an NHL regulation size.

Back