• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I think this is it. They will say goodbye to Arizona for now...They will return. Years ago they should have left and simply returned later.

I’ll never underestimate Bettman’s quixotic determination to keep the team in Arizona no matter what.

But it really does seem like this time, the curtain is finally falling. I think their last-ditch, hail-Mary chance to keep the team in Arizona was that Tempe vote. Once that failed, the league starting planning to move the team.

I’ll never underestimate Bettman’s quixotic determination to keep the team in Arizona no matter what.

But it really does seem like this time, the curtain is finally falling. I think their last-ditch, hail-Mary chance to keep the team in Arizona was that Tempe vote. Once that failed, the league starting planning to move the team.
The Tempe vote was a concern because they spent 1/10th advertising the vote as the 'No" side did. major red flag that ownership group isn't that serious.
Gary's issue is the owners are out of patience.

the arena wouldn’t even be ready for years. Just move them to Salt Lake City. The current situation is an embarrassment and killing the cap.
Yeah, the current plan guarantees that they spend at least 3 more years in an OHL-sized arena.

Or they could move to SLC and start seeking 18K tickets per game immediately.

Back