• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

that just looks like spicy potatoes. so gross.

it needs loads of cheese and a heavy gravy.

a veritable stew of cheese and gravy, if you will.
Hearty beef stew gross

Veritable cheese and gravy stew ok

You and presto should go eat pesto together or something.

If you properly double fry your fries, and use a real beef gravy and actual cheese curds, you can challenge good bravas. If you're throwing packaged beef gravy with a handful of bagged shredded cheese on fries that only say the fryer once, just stop.

Exactly. Not poutine’s fault that most fast food chains, mom and pop schwarma joints, and thousands of greasy spoons looked at their deep fryers, thinking “hmm I see an opportunity to make extra money here”

Exactly. Not poutine’s fault that most fast food chains, mom and pop schwarma joints, and thousands of greasy spoons looked at their deep fryers, thinking “hmm I see an opportunity to make extra money here”

Also 1000% agree on the versatility bit. Decent poutine is fine after the bar. But Bravas are basically any time. A breakfast side? Sure. mid afternoon snack? Sign me up. Part of dinner? Sure, absolutely. After the bar? Fucking outstanding.

Try eating poutine for breakfast and not dying inside at least a little bit.

presto alternative is obviously filet mignon drenched in beluga caviar and grey poupon
Hey hey I don't like fancy shit that much. Personally I prefer a lovely chicken hearts and gizzards type of dish over poutine. If that makes me a snob then so be it!

I simply find poutine vile. Granted I've never had a good one. I'm sure some can pull it off, but it's not a good sign when most places don't!

Also 1000% agree on the versatility bit. Decent poutine is fine after the bar. But Bravas are basically any time. A breakfast side? Sure. mid afternoon snack? Sign me up. Part of dinner? Sure, absolutely. After the bar? Fucking outstanding.

Yeah. Ages ago I made the mistake of poutining at lunch… never again

Hey hey I don't like fancy shit that much. Personally I prefer a lovely chicken hearts and gizzards type of dish over poutine. If that makes me a snob then so be it!

I simply find poutine vile. Granted I've never had a good one. I'm sure some can pull it off, but it's not a good sign when most places don't!

Yakitori chicken assholes ftw!

Bravas are a grown up, refined version of poutine, yeah.

Nobody can knock poutine until they’ve eaten the double-fried squeaky curd version from a Gatineau pataterie.

Back