• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

borrowing this gif from whoever used it the other day, it's perfect for everything that team does from the deadline until Game 1, every year.

kevin-nash-jim.gif

Here's the thing though. I'm not even mad at them. Every player in the league is usually dealing with enough knocks by that point of the season that if they wanted to sit and get healthy for a month, it's medically "necessary". Hockey players tend to rush back from injury and play like shit for the first week or two anyway because warrior culture.

The only thing that irritates me from Vegas was the phony outrage and gaslighting from their GM and their media surrogates when Stone went on LTIR and everyone rightly assumed he’d be back for game 1.

I also question whether the team would be allowed to get away with this if they weren’t Bettman’s expansion/desert darlings. If it were the Leafs doing this, I just can’t imagine that the league wouldn’t have found some pretext to shut it down and punish the Leafs harshly.

But yeah, at the end of the day—exploit any loopholes you can and do whatever you need to give yourself the best chance of winning.

I also question whether the team would be allowed to get away with this if they weren’t Bettman’s expansion/desert darlings. If it were the Leafs any Canadian team doing this, I just can’t imagine that the league wouldn’t have found some pretext to shut it down and punish the Leafs harshly.
Fixed.

I sadly agree. The best poutine can rival bravas but there is so much mediocre poutine that I’d opt for bravas if I was unsure

Poutine is also best consumed after midnight when not sober..so bravas is definitely more versatile

The only thing that irritates me from Vegas was the phony outrage and gaslighting from their GM and their media surrogates when Stone went on LTIR and everyone rightly assumed he’d be back for game 1.

I also question whether the team would be allowed to get away with this if they weren’t Bettman’s expansion/desert darlings. If it were the Leafs doing this, I just can’t imagine that the league wouldn’t have found some pretext to shut it down and punish the Leafs harshly.

But yeah, at the end of the day—exploit any loopholes you can and do whatever you need to give yourself the best chance of winning.
It's an interesting issue that cannot be simply resolved by the commissioner or the owners - according to Friege it would need to be bargained in the next CBA in 2026.

I sadly agree. The best poutine can rival bravas but there is so much mediocre poutine that I’d opt for bravas if I was unsure

Poutine is best consumed after midnight when not sober..so bravas is definitely more versatile

There's a few issues imo but I agree in general. The problem with poutine is that industrial gravy is just too easy to make and it's a huge step down from actually good gravy. If you properly double fry your fries, and use a real beef gravy and actual cheese curds, you can challenge good bravas. If you're throwing packaged beef gravy with a handful of bagged shredded cheese on fries that only say the fryer once, just stop.

Reactions: CH1
Back