• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Does it matter if he's constantly getting out coached in the playoffs? He's coaching a team that should theoretically have won the east by now. They've been realgud for a long time and I don't think it's because of Rod. But maybe I'm missing something?
I always just assumed goaltending was their problem.

Who would even be high profile or good coaching candidates?

they went from experience to inexperience with Babcock to Keefe, so if the remaining brass stays, im sure some dusty old relic who commands respeck will be brought in

Is Roy actually a good coach? He seems to be in the middle of running their most important player out of the organization because he plays the same position Patrick played 20-30 yrs ago.
Yeah, I used to think highly of him, and I like his compete level, but he may not be the stable guiding force I want back there.

He's definitely the kind of guy who could run good players out of town due to personality conflicts.

Is Brind'amour actually good or has he simply coached a super elite team? Honest question. Because Canes fans seem to bitch about him and his X and O's and lack of adapting. The players love him though I guess.
He seems like the clear cut best to me.

I don't think that roster is as good as it winds up being in the standings.

Is Brind'amour actually good or has he simply coached a super elite team? Honest question. Because Canes fans seem to bitch about him and his X and O's and lack of adapting. The players love him though I guess.

Is that roster actually super elite? It's good sure, but they have one top 30 forwards. Slavin is good, but is he a top 10 defender? Like actually top 10? Makar, Fox, Hughes, Heiskanen, Josi, Hedman, Dobson, Toews, Morrissey, Dahlin....he's better than at least one of those guys?

Seems to me that Carolina turns good depth everywhere into super elite nerdies every year

They seem pretty stacked to me. Don't see any holes really. Obviously lack game breakers but not sure they lack anything else?

Its possible Rod is only as good as the nice supporting player finds that his nerd GM gives him.

He would be far more appealing if Tulsty or whatever his name is came with him

I might kill myself and others if they hire either of those two clods.

It was bad enough that I had to watch them as players.

Who would even be high profile or good coaching candidates?

they went from experience to inexperience with Babcock to Keefe, so if the remaining brass stays, im sure some dusty old relic who commands respeck will be brought in

Woodcroft
He'd just play Matthews 30 mins a night.

They've been realgud for a long time and I don't think it's because of Rod.

Here's one for you

EC Teams, # of 70+ point players on roster:

Tampa: 5
NYR: 5
Florida: 4
Toronto: 3
NYI: 2
Ottawa: 2
Jersey: 2
Boston: 1
Pens: 1
Carolina: 1
Montreal: 1
Detroit: 1
Buffalo: 0
Washington: 0
Philly: 0
CBJ: 0

That's a team lacking in high end talent. There has to be something about the system/structure overcoming that. 2nd in the league in xGF/60 but 17th in actual goals for/60. Yeah, it's not the horses. It's the structure. If we want to discuss how much of that Rod inherited, that's a decent conversation to be had. But he's definitely getting way more out of them via structure than they have to give in talent.

Back