• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Speaking of frauds, the Crapitals will hit the golf course tomorrow morning. Ovie will return ti Mother Russia to lead his unit on the steppe

Because they were never going to win anything. They shouldn't even allow 16 teams into the playoffs. Caps, Preds and Islanders never had any chance of winning a Cup. Zero. Them being in the postseason at all is just a waste of time.

Last edited:
inanity

the quality of being extremely silly or having no real meaning or importance, or something that is extremely silly like this:
I was amazed at the inanity of her comments.

I had to look it up, I've never heard it before. Always learning something on FI

DevotedLazyArmyworm-max-1mb.gif.155fe76e5f5fd9676539fa17b709e320.gif

Shesterkin 4gms, .931
Vasilevskiy 4gms, .899
Hellebuyck 4gms, .870
Saros 4gms, .857
Sorokin 1gms, .786

zero 2-2 series this first round.

though i guess the VGK-DAL series might be at 2-2 after tonight.

Usually i find one of these teams down 3-1 and convince myself one of them is coming back to make it a series, but i just simply dont see it.

Vegas/Dallas is the only real series out there i think.

I can squint and see one in Van/Nas, but really thats just because the Canucks are using a Blockbuster video employee as a goalie, and Vancouver is still better than the Preds ( my word the West sucks)

Having watched the Kings/Oilers up close last night, I'm more convinced than ever that our coach is far and away our biggest problem.

Both teams last night were making crisp, quick, and simple outlet passes last night, advancing zone by zone into either a scoring chance or possession along the boards or the perimeter. There was none of this Baboon lobbing passes to the opposition and inviting them to try to get the zone. Zero. The players knew generally where their teammates were or would be, and would push the play towards them. They were all skating hard, and executing a plan. Even though Edmonton was held to an embarrassingly low shot total, they were still dangerous, and did have their moments with possession in the zone but couldn't get shots through. Kings were definitely the better team, but they both played really well. A very even game despite the misleading shot count.

In comparison, our guys are doing nothing. Just fucking around. It was night and day watching a game like this up close. Our players are skating around with no purpose, no plan, no cohesion between them. I played my usual street hockey games yesterday morning, and I swear, the level and style of play in my games were closer to what the Leafs are doing than how Edmonton/LA played last night.

Having watched the Kings/Oilers up close last night, I'm more convinced than ever that our coach is far and away our biggest problem.

Both teams last night were making crisp, quick, and simple outlet passes last night, advancing zone by zone into either a scoring chance or possession along the boards or the perimeter. There was none of this Baboon lobbing passes to the opposition and inviting them to try to get the zone. Zero. The players knew generally where their teammates were or would be, and would push the play towards them. They were all skating hard, and executing a plan. Even though Edmonton was held to an embarrassingly low shot total, they were still dangerous, and did have their moments with possession in the zone but couldn't get shots through. Kings were definitely the better team, but they both played really well. A very even game despite the misleading shot count.

In comparison, our guys are doing nothing. Just fucking around. It was night and day watching a game like this up close. Our players are skating around with no purpose, no plan, no cohesion between them. I played my usual street hockey games yesterday morning, and I swear, the level and style of play in my games were closer to what the Leafs are doing than how Edmonton/LA played last night.
the worst part of it is the extent to which it is by design

Im of the opinion that the coach is simply a symptom of the bigger problems.

Dont get me wrong, he sucks, much like John Schneider is a shit manager, but Treliving/Atkins is a bigger issue, and Shanahan/Shapiro is the biggest.

man, it took you guys so long to realize how bad is he.
he wasted 4 years of generational talent we have and window might be closed forever.

Im of the opinion that the coach is simply a symptom of the bigger problems.

Dont get me wrong, he sucks, much like John Schneider is a shit manager, but Treliving/Atkins is a bigger issue, and Shanahan/Shapiro is the biggest.
no doubt, giving extension to this coach was immediate termination kind of offence as incompetence.

Back