• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Devils will be really good next year. Maybe Keefe can now win a cup.
Great thing is no one will be bugging Devils to get much slower and less talented.

Kampf would look fucking beautiful in a Devils jersey.

And Baboon should definitely be knocking on their door on July 1.

only ones coming from you

Explain to me like I'm 5 why basketball requires less intelligence than baseball then. Here's a kinda famous screen shot from the Detroit Piston's assistant coaches offensive set list...from like 10 years ago. The league has gotten more complicated since.

yNLJiDP.jpeg

Every one of those actions is a different play that every one on the team needs to memorize and be able to run properly any time it's called out from the bench or the primary ballhandler.

There is no analogue in baseball for that level of sophistication. Not pitch sequencing, not hitter or pitcher scouting reports, nada.

Explain to me like I'm 5 why basketball requires less intelligence than baseball then. Here's a kinda famous screen shot from the Detroit Piston's assistant coaches offensive set list...from like 10 years ago. The league has gotten more complicated since.

yNLJiDP.jpeg

Every one of those actions is a different play that every one on the team needs to memorize and be able to run properly any time it's called out from the bench or the primary ballhandler.

There is no analogue in baseball for that level of sophistication. Not pitch sequencing, not hitter or pitcher scouting reports, nada.
it doesn't, my comment was not in response to yours

That's cool. I'm asking you to explain what else it could be other than your assertion that wehave's comments didn't contain some racial bias, as Jonas suggested.

I never thought much of basketball as a teen (prefered the other 3 big pro NA sports) because I didn't understand defensive tactics.

Unlike hockey (goalies), Football (defensive players) and Baseball (pitchers and fielders), basketball appeared to completely favor the offense that seemingly could score at will.

Back