• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

That's sad. Dutchy was a bit strange but he was kinda the OG Canadian sportsnews anchor. Yeah there was hebschy and tatti on sportsline but that was more like just local news. Dutchy was the OG sports network guy, with the voice and mannerisms to match. But he's a big part of those sports years back in the 90s. And as strange as he was he always understood how much weirder Pierre was. RIP Dutchy.

That's sad. Dutchy was a bit strange but he was kinda the OG Canadian sportsnews anchor. Yeah there was hebschy and tatti on sportsline but that was more like just local news. Dutchy was the OG sports network guy, with the voice and mannerisms to match. But he's a big part of those sports years back in the 90s. And as strange as he was he always understood how much weirder Pierre was. RIP Dutchy.
I used to love the Hebsy's. Listened to Hebscher all the way back to the late 70's when he did a sports call-in show on CKEY (what 590 was before it was the Fan) and he and Tatti on Sportline was must-see TV. When I moved to Vancouver they had a local show called Sports Page which launched the careers of guys like Dave Randorf, John Shorthouse, Don Taylor, Dan Murphy, and the late Paul Carson. Dutchy was similarly iconic in Edmonton when he hosted the local late night sports show there. All of these local shows fell by the wayside when TSN and Sportsnet came along.

I used to love the Hebsy's. Listened to Hebscher all the way back to the late 70's when he did a sports call-in show on CKEY (what 590 was before it was the Fan) and he and Tatti on Sportline was must-see TV. When I moved to Vancouver they had a local show called Sports Page which launched the careers of guys like Dave Randorf, John Shorthouse, Don Taylor, Dan Murphy, and the late Paul Carson. Dutchy was similarly iconic in Edmonton when he hosted the local late night sports show there. All of these local shows fell by the wayside when TSN and Sportsnet came along.
1715885123134.gif

Marchand is not a hypocrite; I’ll give him that much.

Crazy to think there’s a large cohort that thinks sucker punching is part of the game

“He plays hard,” Marchand said. “He’s an extremely physical player, great player for the group. I think he got away with a shot. But I’m not going to complain. S— happens. That’s part of especially playoff hockey. I’ve been on the other side of a lot of plays. I think he got away with one. But that’s part of the game and definitely part of playoff hockey.

“It sucks to be on the other side of it. But that stuff happens. So I’m not going to sit here and complain about it. That’s part of the game. Yeah, I think he got away with one. But it is what it is.”

Back