• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Lovely player but I sort of prefer they get a longer term solution on d as opposed to a stop gap that is old enough to implode at any point.

Of course if they trade Tavares they could have gotten McDonagh AND a longer term guy. But it's a little risky to go with a guy that age and pencil him in the top or even second pair without a contingency plan in place.

Brodie was two years younger than what Ryan will be this year and he imploded at random.

Lovely player but I sort of prefer they get a longer term solution on d as opposed to a stop gap that is old enough to implode at any point.

Of course if they trade Tavares they could have gotten McDonagh AND a longer term guy. But it's a little risky to go with a guy that age and pencil him in the top or even second pair without a contingency plan in place.

Brodie was two years younger than what Ryan will be this year and he imploded at random.
Meh, Bolts will LTIR someone all year and make it work.

Does this take Tampa out of the running for one of the many solid UFA d out there? Probably not I guess? Not sure what their cap situation is like.

Meh, Bolts will LTIR someone all year and make it work.
It's a fine move for them. But for the Leafs sake, I prefer they don't roll the dice on a bunch of older guys anymore. Muzzin and Brodie were great additions years ago, but they should have been replacing them actively a couple years before they got to the point of no return with some younger options.

Leafs need a minute eating all-situation horse that they can depend on. McDonagh may be that guy but at his age it's a risk to bet a lot of precious cap space on without having a solid d corps surrounding him in case he falls off.

yeah no chance TB can or would add another D now. They're all full up with big D contracts in sergachev hedman mcD and Cernak.

Unless they move someone they have about $3m in capspace to add a forward to replace Stamkos.

i wonder if the bolts and preds agreed all along that McD would return to TB once the cap crunch was over.

Reactions: BG
I mean if there is an exception....Stamkos would be it, no?
If they get rid of Tavares' entire salary and Stamkos signs for cheap then yeah I'd do it. If it's a home town pajama boy deal. Just for the pp. Not sure he's much of a 5 on 5 player anymore but idk if I care. Having that elite one timer option changes everything.

Does Nashville have anyone interesting? Don't say Forsberg, they're not trading him. Don't say Saros, he's not that interesting in a Marner package. Any nice d prospects?

Does Nashville have anyone interesting? Don't say Forsberg, they're not trading him. Don't say Saros, he's not that interesting in a Marner package. Any nice d prospects?
I saw a suggestion of Lauzon, L'Heareux and Tommosino

I have no idea if any of these things are good

No. It's a terrible fit for a Marner trade. They have no one interesting that they'd actually trade. Pretty good fit for a Tavares trade tho.
Nashville and Seattle are the two teams i keep seeing as Marner destinations, and in terms of help now for a contender i simply dont see the fit.

Back