• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Im not even sure I would be upset at 1 for 1

Despite having an asshole year, he's capable of stealing a series or two on his own with some run support.

Find a better deal for Marner, or keep him.

Why do we think that the Leafs are a great place to rehabilitate goalies?

If Sorokin is available, why would he be worth a premium asset based on his salary/term and relegation to the bench in the playoffs?

Send Marner to a team getting ready to compete for a young stud. I don't think you need Marner production back in return. A solid goalie and a very good player a step below Marner if the goalie is good.

That's why I think Nashville is the team. Islanders are interesting though but giving up Sorokin would be madness. He's their whole team.

I could stomach Sorokin, but would rather trade Marner for a top pair d-man or keep him.

Still think it's pretty simple.

Trade for:

Ullmark
Saros

Or sign:

Brossoit
Stolarz

NYI seem like one of the teams that would never accommodate Marner’s salary demands. Barzal is their highest paid player at 9.15M/yr.

Marner isn't going anywhere.

But if he did somehow go for a goalie, I can almost guarantee it will end up being like trading for Toskala or Raycroft, no matter who they get.

There is always someone stupid enough to give him $11mill+ on a new contract. Plus all the tax savings if he goes to US market.

He won't be losing money, just his home team.

He'd gladly take 9 mill in a tax free state...just like fucking Reinhart is gonna sign to stay in Florida

Marner will lose tons of $ by leaving. He's not leaving.

I dunno.

Dubas isn’t here anymore to ignore all comparables and hand him a $2-3M annual overpayment plus a letter on his jersey just because Mitchy cried hard enough and Paul is angry a statue of Mitch hasn’t been erected outside the building yet.

The only thing he has to lose potentially is the extra year of term. Aside from that, I don’t see how he gets any more here than on the open market.

If LOF is right and pegged the entire offseason, with Marner/Tavares staying, a shit goalie, 25M being fine, and just a coaching change....i dont think i want to be here for that.

.... but quite a bit in endorsements

Back in his innocent younger days when he was universally beloved by Leaf fans, every company seemed to be falling over each other to make Mitch their pitchman.

Willing to bet those ad dollars have dried up significantly in the past couple of years.

Back in his innocent younger days when he was universally beloved by Leaf fans, every company seemed to be falling over each other to make Mitch their pitchman.

Willing to bet those ad dollars have dried up significantly in the past couple of years.
You are giving ad people wayyyy too much credit

Advertising is a conspiracy. Players dont get to choose what they market, and the teams tell the ad men who to put in the ads

Ad guy- See here ponko, we need a Maple Leaf fast and ready for a lavender add, going to be huge, buckaroo!

Leaf Boss- You can have a Mitchum Marner, women want him, and men want to be him

Ad guy- Isn't he the whiny pussy no one likes?

Leaf Boss- You wanna do business with BIG NHL, stripes? You put our guys in the ads, or go get one of those unsavory basketballers. Not in this town jazz face.

Verbatum how the convos go.

Last edited:
I dunno.

Dubas isn’t here anymore to ignore all comparables and hand him a $2-3M annual overpayment plus a letter on his jersey just because Mitchy cried hard enough and Paul is angry a statue of Mitch hasn’t been erected outside the building yet.

The only thing he has to lose potentially is the extra year of term. Aside from that, I don’t see how he gets any more here than on the open market.

1717023102971.gif

I dunno.

Well Trev sure bent over for Nylander

I believe he still has more endorsements than any NHL player.
I know we think Marner is hated so much from Twitter, but lots of people love him in Toronto.

Back