• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Ullmark prediction: Ottawa doesn't realize that he's 31 yrs old 1A tandem guy and not a "starter" from a workload standpoint and they play him 60+ games next year and he's not good in that workload.

Coaches don't like doing the easy thing (rotate starting goalies 1/1) nor do they like doing the hard thing (being hyper vigilant about performance and making accurate reads on who the "hot hand" is) so what they all really want is a "starter" and a "backup". The starter plays every fucking night other than back to backs and against basement teams because that's what peak decision making looks like.

Now add 7 million for Swayman and 6 million for Debrusk.

Leaving ~8 million to fix all of their problems up front.
debrusk is more likely than not to not re-sign with boston and they have 19 guys signed next season already.

even if swayman gets 7, thats 20 guys signed with 13.5 million, not even close to being capped as you say.

Ullmark prediction: Ottawa doesn't realize that he's 31 yrs old 1A tandem guy and not a "starter" from a workload standpoint and they play him 60+ games next year and he's not good in that workload.
will suck for them because apparently they are working on an extention as you speak

debrusk is more likely than not to not re-sign with boston and they have 19 guys signed next season already.

But if they don't sign DeBrusk, they need to replace DeBrusk and he was their 5th highest scoring forward last year. They have "19 guys" signed next year, but they're thin as fuck up front. They have 4 guys who could plausibly play any a top 6 unit, but 2 of those are #2 centres. They have a few guys beyond them that if you squint are decent 3rd line type forwards (Frederic, Geekie)

even if swayman gets 7, thats 20 guys signed with 13.5 million, not even close to being capped as you say.

Some of those guys you're counting as "20 guys" are scrubs like Kastelic, Brown, Lauko who aren't actually NHL players. Boston has a huge need up front. That 13.5 will disappear in a hurry when they try to fill their holes at forward. They're functionally capped out.

Coaches don't like doing the easy thing (rotate starting goalies 1/1) nor do they like doing the hard thing (being hyper vigilant about performance and making accurate reads on who the "hot hand" is) so what they all really want is a "starter" and a "backup". The starter plays every fucking night other than back to backs and against basement teams because that's what peak decision making looks like.
Wait, what? This is the guy you were clamoring for us to get.

That return looks like Boston was desperate to sell. And that there weren't many buyers.

Boston was a motivated seller, we talked about why weeks ago. Swayman is going to get paid and won the net there. They weren't going to pay both next year when they had other needs.

Is the Edmonton Pizza thing real? I thought it was a joke.

I mean I guess it's no worse than the current backstory of a Greek dude opening a pizza joint in Edmonton and naming it after a city 4000 miles away with predominantly Irish heritage, not at all known for pizza.

Yeah, I think Debrusk is leaving, and he's just the kind of guy we would get, based on Tre's ufa grabs last year.

It's also getting kinda late in the game for Bertuzzi and Domi to resign. Guessing there are nice low offers tabled for both and neither is willing to bite just yet.

Back