• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Interesting that there wasn't a trade market for these Liljegren's. Starting to feel like Leafs won't qualify him either.

Can always decline the QO and then re sign him for cheaper on that 3rd pair. It looks like there's not a huge market for these guys out there at the moment.

1 hr till we find out about Liljegren

I figure they've offered him an extension at what they're willing to pay and he gets to choose to sign at something like 2/3 x 2M or they decline the QO. I've seen the 1 yr arby projection at 3.1 million and the 3-4 yr at 4.1. There's no way this management group is looking to do that. If they QO him, they're kind of stuck with the 1 yr arby award as the low end of what he'll take on a deal.

I figure they've offered him an extension at what they're willing to pay and he gets to choose to sign at something like 2/3 x 2M or they decline the QO. I've seen the 1 yr arby projection at 3.1 million and the 3-4 yr at 4.1. There's no way this management group is looking to do that. If they QO him, they're kind of stuck with the 1 yr arby award as the low end of what he'll take on a deal.
May hurt less if they sign one of these other younger sheltered dudes that have been let go today.

Not sure there's much of a trade market for him. By all accounts Tre has been trying to trade him since he became gm. And after today's exodus of young third pair dudes that are due for a pay raise, I'm inclined to believe that they can't find any takers. I thought maybe the RD effect might help... Maybe it still does and he's traded. Another hour of presto blasting f5!

• Haha
Reactions: CH1
May hurt less if they sign one of these other younger sheltered dudes that have been let go today.

Not sure there's much of a trade market for him. By all accounts Tre has been trying to trade him since he became gm. And after today's exodus of young third pair dudes that are due for a pay raise, I'm inclined to believe that they can't find any takers. I thought maybe the RD effect might help... Maybe it still does and he's traded. Another hour of presto blasting f5!
One thing that probably hurts Lilly’s value is the fact that the guy has literally not had a single healthy season going back to before he was drafted.

Reactions: CH1
They can’t really do everything they are trying to do (Brossoit/Stolerz, Zadorov and Bertuzzi or another forward) and take Lilly to arb. Have to trade/sign him to a bargain 1 year deal now.

Playing around with the numbers a bit, they could technically sign Zadorov, Tanev, Brossoit, and Bert. Tight as balls but it could work if Bert takes something like 3.5.

Obviously Liljegren would have to go

these guys are replaceable. good value at 1-1.5. Not 2.5-3 when you can’t play them outside of sheltered mins.

Are they actually when GM's keep signing Boosh's for 2.75 and Eddy's for 3.5 to play on their 3rd pairings and be worse at the job? Or is it just bad management creating a market inefficiency?

Yup. It's either that, or too many teams have coaches not willing to go to every young player's house to tuck them in at night.

Exactly. Too many coaches prefer dogshit gritty "professionals" to the hard work necessary to develop kids properly. I agree.

Which is how smart organizations like Florida turn these misfit toys into champions while the rest of us scream about idiots in our front offices.

Back