• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

For all you people who think the Leafs needs grit to keep the bullies at bay look who is skating by Reeves are he destroys Kylington with a headshot

Schneider on waivers
One of the more shocking declines I've seen from a goalie. I had him as a top 3 goalie in the mother fucking show at one point. The year after, he was one of the worst. And now he's basically unplayable. Amazing.

The Devils have called up Louis Domingue, and will apparently be putting Cory Schneider on waivers at noon today.

Incredible how this guy's career has just imploded. He rocked a .925%+ from 2010-2013 as a back-up, and then was consistently just above or below the .925SV% mark as a starting goalie from 2013-2016. Then it's like he just forgot how to stop pucks.

Three more seasons left on his deal as well, at $6M per year. Yet another example of goalies being voodoo, and how it's insane to hand any goalie a deal that's any longer than 3 or so years.

The Devils have called up Louis Domingue, and will apparently be putting Cory Schneider on waivers at noon today.

Incredible how this guy's career has just imploded. He rocked a .925%+ from 2010-2013 as a back-up, and then was consistently just above or below the .925SV% mark as a starting goalie from 2013-2016. Then it's like he just forgot how to stop pucks.

Three more seasons left on his deal as well, at $6M per year. Yet another example of goalies being voodoo, and how it's insane to hand any goalie a deal that's any longer than 3 or so years.
Injuries were definitely a factor but that's not a good enough explanation for me. The guy is a classic case study on why you never sign goalies longterm for big money. He's as extreme a case as it gets but man that decline is nuts.

Honestly, the Isles method is the way to go. Get two platoony type goalies for 2-4mil each. If one sucks absolute cock, you still may be alright if the other has a good year. This whole Freddy-tire fire method has been a complete and utter failure. Dubas did it to himself I suppose after giving Mucho that contract.. But that really needs to get fixed, even if they get rid of Andy. It's enough.

If there was ever proof that the HHOF is the "hall of pretty good", it's Hughson getting in this year as the Foster Hewitt inductee.

Fucking clownshoes

Back