• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I don't know where this is all going.

Bottom line is you all gotta watch that movie called RAT RACE and after that you might, might comprehend, NHL shit

Its all rigged, its all a game guys and gals.

Ali versus who part two?

All rigged, only guy who I can call to arms is DEAD.. floydian Leaf. Guy went way too wild on my AIDS cure. He actually thought the world would buy it

Dude died at 11 11 called me at 9 11 all spry and such... Wake up.

screenshot-1.jpg

In other news...'member when Ryan Poehling was supposed to be good because he scored a hatty against us?

I 'member

I would just like to stand back and marvel at how poorly the Habs have drafted over the last decade or so

In other news...'member when Ryan Poehling was supposed to be good because he scored a hatty against us?

I 'member

I would just like to stand back and marvel at how poorly the Habs have drafted over the last decade or so

But Timmins is the best ever!!

And holy mother of... just looking at the draft history 2008-present and wow. In all that time, there's been literally 9 players drafted who have reached double digits in goals. By career points, it's Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Sergachev as the 4 best players in that timeframe. Man, what I would give to have some competent management...

Shit, going back to 2009, only looking at 1st and 2nd rounders:

2009:
18th - Louis Leblanc (Kreider went 19th)

2010:
22nd - Jared Tinordi (Pysyk, Kevin Hayes, Kuznetsov, Coyle, and Brock Nelson all went in the next 7 picks)

2011:
17th - Nathan Beaulieu (Klefbom went 19th)

2012:
3rd - Galchenyuk (Rielly went 4th, Lindholm and Dumba right after...if you were dead set on a forward, Filip Forsberg was the next forward on the board at 11th)
33rd - Collberg (Don't worry Habs fans, this second round sucked...maybe Jake McCabe at 44?)

2013:
25th - McCarron (Shea Theodore goes 26th...)
34th - JDLR (Compher goes 35th)
36nd - Fucale (Need a goalie? Tristan Jarry goes 44th)
55tth - Lehkkonen (Tyler Bertuzzi at 58)

2014:
25th - Scherbak (Not a lot here to be fair, maybe Adrian Kempe)

2015:
26th - Juulsen (Aho, Dermott, Carlo, Beauvillier all go in the next 10 picks)

2016:
9th - Sergachev (lol...honestly a pretty good fucking pick. McAvoy would have been a better pick, but not a damn thing wrong with Sergachev at the 9 spot. McAvoy is the only player in the rest of the 1st round you even consider taking over Sergachev)

I'll stop there because it's probably too early to dissect 2017-2019's drafts, but nobody seems to be in the fast line to stardom out of Poehling, Brooks, JK, Ylonen, Romanov

Caufield is good. Not Robertson good, but still pretty good.

In closing: Fire your entire draft and development group. All of them.

So the things he got a ban for before no longer apply?

Good to know.

Sounds like somebody's about to tell us about his best friend growing up.

I 'member

One of the first things I point out to my Habs friends when they start running their mouths. I mean, I think the guy had like 8 goals in his last college season. He’s sucked in the AHL. But he had that one game against us. I kept goading my friend to bet me Poehling would take at least 20 games to score 3 this season. Now look at him, pointless in 17 or 18.

Him, Mccarron, Sherbak, Tinordi, Galchenyuk, Juulsen, even Kotkaniemi at 3rd overall, all pathetic.

That said, I do think Romanov might be something special.

But Timmins is the best ever!!

Habs drafting has been aggressively, aggressively bad.

Gallagher and Mete out of the middle rounds is nice work, but he's basically lit your top round picks on fire over the last decade.

And holy mother of... just looking at the draft history 2008-present and wow. In all that time, there's been literally 9 players drafted who have reached double digits in goals. By career points, it's Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Sergachev as the 4 best players in that timeframe. Man, what I would give to have some competent management...

Nobody should have a job in that organization. Literally nobody. If we omit the Leafs top 10 picks over that same period (Rielly, Kadri, Matthews, Nylander, Marner) and just look at the rest that we drafted, this is our list:

Leivo, Connor Brown, Andreas Johnsson, Gauthier, Engvall, Dermott, Timashov
vs (no omissions, 2009-16, current NHL'ers only)
Gallagher, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, JDLR, Sergachev, Mete

I have a pretty hard time making an argument for taking the Habs group. Gallagher is a really nice player, Sergachev probably a future top pairing defender. But if I was playing a game for everything you've got vs everything I've got, today...I probably take that Leaf group.

even Kotkaniemi at 3rd overall, all pathetic.

I still think highly of JK. The Habs rushed him to the league though, and it might push his offensively development back a bit. Romanov I'm torn on. I honestly don't care how he looked at the world juniors, it's literally the worst prospect evaluation tool available to the average hockey fan. I'm torn between it being really impressive to be a blueline regular in the KHL at 18-19 yrs old, while seeing that he's produced next to nothing as a regular.

KHL is a small step up from the AHL, granted...but Sandin is 3 months younger, and a #1 calibre defender in the AHL on pace for 53 points over his combined 77 AHL games to this point. Romanov has 7 points in 76 career KHL games. They're not remotely similar prospects at this point imo, so I have a hard time calling Romanov "special".

I agree, the lack of production is really weird. But I see everything else in his game as being really good. Great skater, plays bigger than his size (I actually can’t believe he’s less than 6”0, he looks so big out there), very good passer, really intelligent player. I like him.

I agree, the lack of production is really weird. But I see everything else in his game as being really good. Great skater, plays bigger than his size (I actually can’t believe he’s less than 6”0, he looks so big out there), very good passer, really intelligent player. I like him.

Not hard to look good against kids who only about 10% are good enough to make the show as anything more than a plug.

For example...if we look at team Canada's roster from 10 years ago, and line up the roster according to how it turned out...not even how it was played in that tourney:

Hall-Kadri-Eberle
Henrique-Schenn-Caron
Bourque-Adam-Nemisz
Macmillan-Cormier-Kozoun
Del Rovere

Hamonic-Pietrangelo
De Haan-Ellis
Scandella-Cowen
Teubert

Martin Jones
Jake Allen

Just to make sure this wasn't just random shittiness, I looked at a bunch of different years and it's more of the same. Sometimes the blueline looks less shambolic than the forwards, sometimes the opposite. Sometimes the goaltending is ECHL level (shout out Visentin and Roy from 2011).

So yeah, I really don't care how someone looks in that tournament. It's the worst evaluation method available imo.

I don’t know, maybe stats-wise. Because a guy can get hot for a week too. So I don’t get too down over a lack of points, though obviously dominating the score sheet against your best peers should rightly garner attention. But eye test-wise, and we all know how I love that, I think it’s a really useful tournament. I saw Matthews as being a man among boys the year he played. Marner was also the same Marner we’re seeing now. There’s always a few guys that stand out, and that don’t.

Like honestly, I wasn’t really digging anyone very much on Team Canada this year. I thought the Russians looked really strong throughout though, several impressive players. The Swedes too. But Romanov was for sure a standout for me. Whether it translates to the NHL, time will tell, but I’d be excited about him if I were a dirty Habs fan.

I wonder how Romanov is being used in the KHL.

8 measly points in 76 KHL games but 14 points in 14 World Junior games.

Thx, Altair set me off.

Lost my father this week, that got me I guess I one day reprieve..

Romanov looked NHL to be honest.

I wonder how Romanov is being used in the KHL.

8 measly points in 76 KHL games but 14 points in 14 World Junior games.

It's pretty rare for players as young as Romanov to be regular KHLers.

And when they are, it's pretty common for them to get buried at the end of the bench.

Back