• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

By all means debate his ideas.

But Teeds is who he is. We all know that at this point. He's at worst annoying. Let Teeds let his freak flag fly.

Matthew 7:3-5 New International Version (NIV)
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Listen, if you've got a plank in your eye, you're probably not seeing anything clearly let alone noticing specks of sawdust.

It’s basically whatever these guys see happening in the games against us, that’s the new thing. Oilers are darlings again, Jets are cup favorites. If Freddy stopped that shot after the Matty shootout goal, I guarantee Burke wouldn’t be talking about the Jets winning anything.

Jets will not even make the playoffs.
It's odd Leafs can never, ever sniff the cup with their D, but the Jets this year can win it all with theirs.

Me thinks that burke ate some bad venison with the brain wasting disease.

I even think this guy is really really dated.

I always thought this guy was scared. He always referred back to fighting and smash face hockey (which I enjoyed), he always likes to impress his violent nature ..... to me that reeks of fear.

Jmho

I’ll never understand how most of these guys got jobs in the first place, not to mention got second, third, fourth, and fifth stabs at being GM in subsequent destinations.

Coming back in peace. And yeah I have been booted from this board, on numerous occasions. Few have.

Is that something to be -proud of? Most likely not.

As far as I am am aware, I am not insulting any member here.

I am one of th oldest posters here, who legitimately, was best friends with a General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs. And at the same time, was almost as famous as him, as I was the tennis and squash pro, at the most expensive club in the world.

Big deal, old news, way past the due date, I know. But its something.

Leafgm knows I was part of the Leafs unofficial club house. Unfortunately when he showed up along with a very nice female poster on our old board, only Eric Lindros was in attendance.

I am back in business, with the fellow who funded the Leafs clubhouse.

So yeah, I do have contacts now, again, along with the previous ones and I refrain, for the most part, on a daily basis from sharing the wild shit that I hear.

You have to understand, in this cap crazy NHL we now are in, some of the stories are really off the dial. And I keep tongue in cheek.

Most days and most nights. And if you guys universally want me to keep that tongue in cheek, I will. I value being able to post on this board and hear superstar opinions, by posters I have already mentioned previously.

I don’t mind your posts at all. They’re fine when they’re a little more on the outlandish side too. I still think you’re passing on trading tips through code, but not sure.

Coming back in peace. And yeah I have been booted from this board, on numerous occasions. Few have.

Is that something to be -proud of? Most likely not.

As far as I am am aware, I am not insulting any member here.

I am one of th oldest posters here, who legitimately, was best friends with a General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs. And at the same time, was almost as famous as him, as I was the tennis and squash pro, at the most expensive club in the world.

Big deal, old news, way past the due date, I know. But its something.

Leafgm knows I was part of the Leafs unofficial club house. Unfortunately when he showed up along with a very nice female poster on our old board, only Eric Lindros was in attendance.

I am back in business, with the fellow who funded the Leafs clubhouse.

So yeah, I do have contacts now, again, along with the previous ones and I refrain, for the most part, on a daily basis from sharing the wild shit that I hear.

You have to understand, in this cap crazy NHL we now are in, some of the stories are really off the dial. And I keep tongue in cheek.

Most days and most nights. And if you guys universally want me to keep that tongue in cheek, I will. I value being able to post on this board and hear superstar opinions, by posters I have already mentioned previously.
So all that talk about not talking about your supposed contacts anymore was bullshit.

I have two contacts. One is the son of one of the Leafs who is a hall of famer.

My 0ther one, is recent, but not new. Just re acquainted. A guy who at one time blank chequed the Leafs unofficial restaurant/clubhouse.

And yeah, I hear wild crazy talk all the time now. Cause of the cap. And its not fun to hear.

Players in the NHL are beef. And I never want to feel that, or understand that. But all of them know it. All of them.

They are all beef. And I am a still a crazy assed fan. So I don't tell you guys 99% of what I am hearing.

And no unfortunately, I don't talk to my old best friend at all any more, Gord Stellick.

Something in me, still says, my Leafs aren't just beef, but the Nylander holdout almost lost the fan in me. It was very close.

Funny thing is this. My two best friends growing up were Jeremy Farr and Gord Stellick. I was the glowing star, they were the grinders.

Well Farr? Is this now. https://www.bankofcanada.ca/profile/jeremy-st-farr-2/

Stellick, well, he was the GM of the fucking Toronto Maple Leafs. I might have made a lot more money than him, but I was never, ever, the GM of the Leafs.

I guess I had two cool best friends. I chose well. And there are some guys on this board, that I consider better than the Athletic. You guys know who you are.

And in closing? With Sheldon and Kyle? I think we are in for a really fun, cool ride. Might not be what we want all at once. But over time, it will be awesome imo.

Last edited:
Once and for all, were you or were you not best friends with Gord Stellick?

The only thing less confirmed than that is whether the Marlies have a new coach.

I have two contacts. One is the son of one of the Leafs who is a hall of famer.

My 0ther one, is recent, but not new. Just re acquainted. A guy who at one time blank chequed the Leafs unofficial restaurant/clubhouse.

And yeah, I hear wild crazy talk all the time now. Cause of the cap. And its not fun to hear.

Players in the NHL are beef. And I never want to feel that, or understand that. But all of them know it. All of them.

They are all beef. And I am a still a crazy assed fan. So I don't tell you guys 99% of what I am hearing.

And no unfortunately, I don't talk to my old best friend at all any more, Gord Stellick.

Something in me, still says, my Leafs aren't just beef, but the Nylander holdout almost lost the fan in me. It was very close.

Funny thing is this. My two best friends growing up were Jeremy Farr and Gord Stellick. I was the glowing star, they were the grinders.

Well Farr? Is this now. https://www.bankofcanada.ca/profile/jeremy-st-farr-2/

Stellick, well, he was the GM of the fucking Toronto Maple Leafs. I might have made a lot more money than him, but I was never, ever, the GM of the Leafs.

I guess I had two cool best friends. I chose well. And there are some guys on this board, that I consider better than the Athletic. You guys know who you are.

And in closing? With Sheldon and Kyle? I think we are in for a really fun, cool ride. Might not be what we want all at once. But over time, it will be awesome imo.
The lesson here being is get banned for doing something.

Lay low for a while.

Make new account.

Promise not to do the thing you were banned for.

Slowly start doing the thing you were banned for.

Obsessively do the thing you were banned for.

Then own it, and flaunt the thing you were banned for.

Because the moderation on these boards is a joke. Its a miracle JH hasn't made a comeback.

Back