• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Nope but you can make a deal with Seattle to take a different player like we saw teams do with Vegas.

eh they're still stuck with lundy's contract - and he's playing fine backup-quality anyways, and can mentor the new starter as well.

Ain't gonna happen. I mean, for starters, I can't see him waiving his full NMC. He had the opportunity to do it when the Rangers started their rebuild, but declined because he clearly doesn't have any interest in moving out of NYC to play out the string somewhere else at this point.

Even if they could get him to waive, dude's 37 years old, and even if the Rangers eat the maximum 50% of his cap hit, he'd still cost you $4.25M this year and next.
Oh of course it won't happen. But if I'm a rangers fan it's exactly what I'd want. I'd be incredibly frustrated that he's blocking Shesterkin.

But after thinking about it, I don't think there's a trade here. They'll just roll three goalies for a bit to get Shesterkin some burn in NHL minutes. Can't imagine Shesterkin is happy in the AHL either.

georgiev - 6'1", undrafted, .909sv% this year, .913sv% in 3yrs as a platoon/backup.
Yeah I mean.. All he has proven thus far in his career is that he's a +backup or decent platoon guy. I wouldn't want the leafs to target him as a full-time starter. But there is value in having a guy like that to platoon with another similar goalie. More value than paying Andersen 9+ milly.

He is also top 15 in dFSv% and GSAx though.

Definitely an interesting backup candidate that could make this team significantly deeper and better over the next year and a half.

Him or Desmith would be ideal adds that really shouldn't cost that much.

He is also top 15 in dFSv% and GSAx though.

Definitely an interesting backup candidate that could make this team significantly deeper and better over the next year and a half.

Him or Desmith would be ideal adds that really shouldn't cost that much.

depends on the site.

corsica has him -0.19 (5v5) this year, +0.08 career.

No concern for the dip in gsaa this year?

dFSV%
Georgiev 0.12
Hutchison -1.04

GSAA
Georgiev 0.2
Hutchison -2.73

GSAx
Georgiev 1.08
Hutchison -4.34

I don't see him as a long term Andersen replacement, but its a massive upgrade whether he is an average goalie like this year or better like last year.

i'm not sure that any team will trade for him based on starter prices, though.

and if it's backup prices, then we should be in there. trade some of our surplus young forward talent.

This isn't an argument against actually doing it, just an observation---but it'd be hilariously cold-blooded if Dubas traded for Hutch's replacement and banished him back to the Marlies immediately after he posted a shutout.

i'm not sure that any team will trade for him based on starter prices, though.

and if it's backup prices, then we should be in there. trade some of our surplus young forward talent.

Have anyone in mind? If it's any of the top-9 calibre guys on our NHL roster, it'd have to be a bigger deal than just Georgiev.

Otherwise, maybe someone like Bracco might interest them?

This isn't an argument against actually doing it, just an observation---but it'd be hilariously cold-blooded if Dubas traded for Hutch's replacement and banished him back to the Marlies immediately after he posted a shutout.

Have anyone in mind? If it's any of the top-9 calibre guys on our NHL roster, it'd have to be a bigger deal than just Georgiev.

Bracco, Moore, Timashov, Goat. All are worth trading for George.

Any of the guys who need waivers or expansion protection really. Bracco, timashov, gauthier, etc. Even all of them.

In what world is getting rid of an 8.5 million dollar backup with control over his destination an easy trade to make?

Try trading my 84 million mistake and see how that works

One year left ...you eat 3 mil if he waives his trade clause

For a team looking for a 1 year upgrade in goal its an easy trade

You dumped Dion , Phil with big term left ......this is a cake walk move

Try trading my 84 million mistake and see how that works

One year left ...you eat 3 mil if he waives his trade clause

For a team looking for a 1 year upgrade in goal its an easy trade

You dumped Dion , Phil with big term left ......this is a cake walk move

Couple things

- Henrik isn't really an upgrade for many teams. He's a 1B in terms of performance and durability at this point in his career, and a mediocre one at that. Even if you can find a team interested in Henrik, he has a full NMC, so he has to agree to go. So basically, he's not going to Buffalo, Columbus, etc

- We dumped Dion and Phil, but both were in their primes and play at positions there are more than two of on any team. 8.5 million for 40 mediocre games is just ugly, however you slice it.

Couple things

- Henrik isn't really an upgrade for many teams. He's a 1B in terms of performance and durability at this point in his career, and a mediocre one at that. Even if you can find a team interested in Henrik, he has a full NMC, so he has to agree to go. So basically, he's not going to Buffalo, Columbus, etc

- We dumped Dion and Phil, but both were in their primes and play at positions there are more than two of on any team. 8.5 million for 40 mediocre games is just ugly, however you slice it.

For 1 year its palatable with salary retention for a trade

Lucic got dumped , other slugs got moved with term

If he had 3 years to go sure , its a tough sell

Rags are in good cap shape with plenty coming off the books after next season

He can stay be a backup and retire after next season

Easier problem than trying to get under our 31 mess

For 1 year its palatable with salary retention for a trade

For who?

Lucic got dumped , other slugs got moved with term

You keep using forwards and defenders as measuring points and they're just not. You need 12 forwards and 6 defenders.

He can stay be a backup and retire after next season

He's not waiving to go to some random shithole and sit on the bench. This is a guy who has spent 15 years in Manhattan, you think riding out his last year in the league on the bench in Buffalo is on his to do list?

If he's moved anywhere, it will be a desirable location with a chance at winning something. But most of those places have goalies already

Easier problem than trying to get under our 31 mess

Which doesn't make it easy, or even likely.

Fuggin Keefer might have turned a black hole into a decent backup. Shit, maybe he can trade my stock portfolio for me.

How much is Keefe being paid, because let me tell ya. It probably ain't enough.

Look at the Leafs and look at the Marlies, Dubas in a full turnaround, saved Shanahan's ass, job and legacy by hiring this guy.

Back