• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

huh

the rangers are trying to habs method

retooling - trade some vets for picks/prospects
stuck with lundy, staal
signed panarin and trouba to massive deals

i guess they lucked into kaapo though...so they have that

Not even close

Rags unloaded huge the last 2 years , turned over 2/3 of the roster and didnt resign any vet who isnt a solution moving forward

A few vets remain whose contracts expire soon enough and will have tons of cap space

Kreider will be moved for another first , etc...

For us to be in their boat Petry , Tatar , and others would need to get traded right now

DeSmith was set to be recalled by the Pens and ended up losing his passport and couldnt travel

The ended up having to recall their goalie from Wheeling instead.

Thats rough

Nice day out of town so far.

Oilers spank the Bruins in Boston in regulation. Sabres beat Florida.

Win tonight and we’re six points away from first but tied in regulation wins.

I am also thinking Dubas has a line on some backups and wants to pretend that he doesn't really need them all that much, IF, Hutchison plays another good game. Bring the price down.

Still talk to him pretty often. He's as optimistic as ever. Though he's still a Babcock defender.
Some people just can't take being wrong. Stubbornness is a hell of a thing and while harmless for fans, it's a trait that causes a lot of GMs and coaches to be massive failures. Even Damian Cox gave up (he'll be back on their next losing steak I'm sure) but clearly Montana is a bit more... Special.

Dubas seems to be way more open minded and open to adapting. Guy takes the blame for every little thing that goes wrong, even shit out of his control.

We are lucky to be fans of this team. Seriously, no other team has ever had this level of forward thinking in the NHL. Not to mention, they have the budget to use their muscle in a variety of ways as well. Huge advantage. And they have their core locked up longterm. It's going to be a fun 5-10 years.

Too bad they got a point.

I'm more pissed at the Bills choking. Ugh.
They choked away the end of the game, but they also had a touchdown taken away.
AT first I was okay with the ruling, but once someone mentioned a guy hitting a home run, missing second base and losing said run...I changed my mind.
He didn't take a knee, fuck em.

The Rangers recalled a third goalie and apparently it’s not related to any injury situation prompting speculation Georgiev is going to be moved.

The Rangers recalled a third goalie and apparently it’s not related to any injury situation prompting speculation Georgiev is going to be moved.
They'd be wise to somehow get Lundy to agree to be shipped out. A Georgiev-Shesterkin platoon has potential to be tops in the league.

True.

Of course, they could just go with three goalies for a bit. Shesterkin ain't exactly young and it's a shame he's wasted in the AHL in his prime years; they could just want to get him a couple starts. Lundqvist kind of ruins their whole thing down there.

A month ago I would've been very interested in Georgiev. Now that the desperation has faded a bit though, I'm not sure. If the Rangers are selling him off cheaply, it might be worth considering, but I'm not sure he's a substantial upgrade on Hutch.

They'd be wise to somehow get Lundy to agree to be shipped out. A Georgiev-Shesterkin platoon has potential to be tops in the league.

Ain't gonna happen. I mean, for starters, I can't see him waiving his full NMC. He had the opportunity to do it when the Rangers started their rebuild, but declined because he clearly doesn't have any interest in moving out of NYC to play out the string somewhere else at this point.

Even if they could get him to waive, dude's 37 years old, and even if the Rangers eat the maximum 50% of his cap hit, he'd still cost you $4.25M this year and next.

Back