• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

He's clearly joking. And Marchand could play for another 8 years and the joke call would still be closer than your Crosby call.

Heh, I know, If it wasn't for that abysmal Crosby call, I might be wearing a much smaller speedo around here. But it was a horrendous call.

Mindz, you and a few others, are much better than the "Athletic", holy shit, just that pretentious name prevented me from subscribing.

It was easily the best thing going for a couple of years, even the Leaf coverage was quite good (in comparison with the usual shit). But the last 6 months or so has been gross. Sportsnet with a monocle and top hat.

You, BL and Zeke, please do well in general life never sell your souls. Cause holy shit, you there are the holy three of Leaf truth.

Sorry, many other greats here, but these three if they were poor, could probably come up with an "athletic" story. hahahahahaha

Great posters, thanks Habsy for doing this out of your pocket.

You are not the greatest charmer Habsy, but you sure made a great board...

To Leaf fans out there. I have a message...

We have Sheldon Keefe. I think he realizes, better than any coach in the league outside of my favourite coach in the NHL, Jon Cooper. Keefe understand one thing very very well

Pretty well everyone he coaches in the NHL, is a freaking milliionaire.

Really really well off.

Jon Cooper and Sheldon Keefe. every year, should be considered as coach of the year.

Has anyone here? Dealt with the very wealthy? At all? On a daily basis, or yearly?

Guess what? Most of the respond to the right guy... I was the guy at a certain place and time and set historic records. Not going into that

This Sheldon Keefe, I have high hopes for him...

I would LOVE to see him be the coach who brings a NHL championship to Toronto.

Forgive some grammaticals. Three mouses in a row, didn't agree with my construct, I am too lazy to go over edits.

Let me say. And say it very clearly. We have a nice team. Is it going to win the Stanley Cup, I have no idea.

But we have a pretty cool team...

Auston Matthews? I will say something outrageous... Out of this universe or plane

Best fucking hands of all time... I would still trade him and my dog and my girlfriend for McJesus. McOrr

But the guy has hands that are better than McOrr...

Are we good enough to win the Cup?

No idea actually. The last time we won the cup we were fourth in a six team league.

Bottom of the barrel win.

But if ZEKE or someone close to his calibre, calculated what we had in the players in that lineup?

Might stun you.

my point? We have shot, but its all up to fat boy andersen...

Do I like fat boy Andersen? No, I never liked him... He is a seventh round goof that has lost it -physically.

Is fat boy Andersen done? yes he is totally done.

The overall best poster of forumice might very well be totally right.

I will add to his cruel. Overall assessment of Andersen.

Andersen, is DONE boys and girls..

Watch his movement... Guy is severely compromised

So we are done and we are missing the playoffs

Goalie up you dummy GM's... Its all about the guy between the pipes.

Last edited:
The only thing that would have made the Vegas/Gallant thing stranger would have been them hiring Babs instead of DeBoer.

Gallant is supposed to go to the All Star game as the Pacific Division coach, too. Awkward.

Wow, shocking that they'd fire Gallant. Strikes me as one of the best coaches in the league. George McPhee might be eating mushrooms.

Wow, shocking that they'd fire Gallant. Strikes me as one of the best coaches in the league. George McPhee might be eating mushrooms.

He looked like a genius following the expansion draft and their run to the Cup finals.

But a lot of the shine has come off since then, even aside from today's bizarre firing of Gallant.

He's really loaded up Vegas's cap with a lot of middling talent making significant money, as well as guys that are either pushing 30 or well into their 30's. He's also spent the last couple of years firing a ton of future assets out of a cannon to try and recapture the success of their first year.

Saw the list of pending UFA goalies and there is a ton of options in the off season for the back up role. Wonder if we can land one of them at the deadline for cheap as I currently have no faith in Fred

Saw the list of pending UFA goalies and there is a ton of options in the off season for the back up role. Wonder if we can land one of them at the deadline for cheap as I currently have no faith in Fred

Not a whole ton of them on teams out of the playoff picture though. Basically just Lehner, Crawford, Dell if you're looking for someone with a better than .900 sv%

Lehner is my obvious preference, but Crawford would work fine as a cup experienced backup with Chicago making it somewhat cap neutral for us.

Back