• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

2 yrs ago: Maf - .927 sv% "Gerard Gallant is a genius"
1 yr ago: Maf - .913 sv% "Gerard Gallant is still really good"
This season: Maf - .906% "The guy is a bum, we need De boer"

The press conference was super weird.

He kept saying he "had a feeling that the team needed a change" and sometimes it's hard for people who haven't been a GM to understand the "feeling" you can get when it's time to make a coaching change.

Gallant had run ins with upper management and ownership in Florida, no? I'm gonna' assume he had another confrontation given how abrupt all of this was.

So HF Bruins is melting down over their apparent Pussy Soft Team and calling for Cassidy's head.

so how perfect would it be if they replaced him with one Michael P. Babcock?

best part: they've waived big tough Nick "should have drafted him instead of Nylander" Ritchie

Yeah, Nick Ritchie was the big dummy Don Cherry and the rest of the mouth breathers thought we should've drafted ahead of Nylander. He's still with the team that drafted him, the Ducks, with a whopping 3 goals & 10 points in 27 games this year.

Brett Ritchie, who Boston signed as a UFA, is the guy they waived.

Unfortunately, the guy the Bruins drafted in the Nylander draft was Pastrnak at 25th overall.

This could, be the next worst call of all time. But I sniff, and smell, and see, in movement.

Frederick the Great is compromised

Groin, left side.

Meaning? Guy is done...

Now I made two of the greatest before calls in NHL history-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I am calling it now. I think Frederick, the name I hate, is done..

Sure hope I am wrong on this. But man, when a goalie has groin issues. maybe 20% of them get through it.

Jonathan Quick did. How, no idea? Wish I had his sports medicine team.

-----------------------------------

I doubt Freddie is "done", or even suffering through any kind of injury. This is just what he is. A goalie who, for 1-2 months at a time, swings wildly between playing like a Vezina trophy front-runner and looking like he's Andrew Raycroft and Vesa Toskala's love-child.

QPYSTg4.gif

Still one more year at $6M left on Backes' deal, so not a chance in hell anyone's picking that up unless Boston coughs up assets.

Back