• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Yeah, that really looks like the Bruins cutting losses. Probably buy him out this summer using the Jeremy Jacobs special buy out that Bettman will hand write into the CBA for him.

Wow, Backes just cut loose like that. I feel like I like this move as a rival. He was tough to play against, they feel weaker now.

Uhhh...no.

A much better thing for us would've been if the Bruins kept Backes on their roster and played him every game.

The guy's been finished as an NHL-calibre player for at least a couple of years now.

Not really. I have no idea what he's been doing this year, haven't even bothered to check his stats as I type this, but just thinking back to the playoffs and he feels like he was a difficult opponent.

Not really. I have no idea what he's been doing this year, haven't even bothered to check his stats as I type this, but just thinking back to the playoffs and he feels like he was a difficult opponent.

In the Boston/Toronto series last year, he was a healthy scratch in three out of the seven games.

When he did get in the lineup, he played an average of about nine-and-a-half minutes per game, and recorded one assist.

In the Boston/Toronto series last year, he was a healthy scratch in three out of the seven games.

When he did get in the lineup, he played an average of about nine-and-a-half minutes per game, and recorded one assist.

But they were a super tough to play against 9 and a half minutes a game

38% CF
46% xgf

He must have thrown a lot of hits with all that time he had chasing the puck around.

It was eye test, but Backes broke our back, along with Chara. IMHO>

I'm going to have to ask you to read the 6th line down for me sir, so we can assess the quality of your eyes

eyechart_72_blur.gif

Back