• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Maybe McDavid will get swept just in time to help out Team Canada at the Worlds. They could use all the help they can get.

But hey, if you're Ken Holland and you know your defense and goaltending sucks, what's stopping ya from re-signing Mike fucking Smith and signing Tyson Barrie, trading for Dmitry Kulikov and extending Kris Russell.

What could possibly go wrong?

I find what's happening in Deadmonton more sad than anything else.

I don't want McDavid to be like the modern day Marcel Dionne, stuck in a shithole his whole career and just be the guy that ends up with 49 career playoff games while being one of the greatest hockey players ever.

I would love it Deadmonton could have been built up like Colorado, where MacKinnon's got an actual team filled with studs and he's going to win a Cup, or at the very least be a legitimate contender for the foreseeable future.

Deadmonton's like Montreal: Spinning their wheels. They have next to nothing in terms of prospects coming up, their current roster stinks, there's no chance they're going to be any good any time soon and the organization's riddled with buddies hiring buddies.

And let's say McDavid says fuck this, I want out the second they get swept 24 hours from now.

It's a nigh-impossible trade to make for either team.

Edmonton isn't going to be asking for a 1st + 2nd + a bluechip prospect. They can't. They'll be asking for an astronomical return; a return so significant, that it would drain the team acquiring McDavid of their ability to surround him with good players. Not to mention having to fit his $12.5M caphit and having a franchise with enough money to sign him a $12M check on July 1st.

Let's say he gets traded to Detroit. What does Detroit have to send in return? Dylan Larkin, one (or both) of Lucas Raymond & Moritz Seider, their next three firsts? Is that enough? And if they do, McDavid's going to be in the same situation as he is right now, minus Leon.

The whole situation's fucked.

But hey, if you're Ken Holland and you know your defense and goaltending sucks, what's stopping ya from re-signing Mike fucking Smith and signing Tyson Barrie, trading for Dmitry Kulikov and extending Kris Russell.

What could possibly go wrong?

Yup let’s see how he handles the offseason , they have cap space

But the offence has also not gotten it done, in the post season

I don't want McDavid to be like the modern day Marcel Dionne, stuck in a shithole his whole career and just be the guy that ends up with 49 career playoff games while being one of the greatest hockey players ever.

I would love it Deadmonton could have been built up like Colorado, where MacKinnon's got an actual team filled with studs and he's going to win a Cup, or at the very least be a legitimate contender for the foreseeable future.

Deadmonton's like Montreal: Spinning their wheels. They have next to nothing in terms of prospects coming up, their current roster stinks, there's no chance they're going to be any good any time soon and the organization's riddled with buddies hiring buddies.

They are pathetic at the draft table with their gifted opportunities , and can’t develop anything in later rounds

This is still Chiarelli’s mess , Holland nreeds more time unless he fuks it up this summer

Habs can beat Winnipeg. I’m pretty certain of it. It’s the Leafs they need to get by first and that’s the hard part.

Sure but they have 2 top 5 players in the game in their prime locked up with Nurse

They are in much better shape than us and pieces coming up

And let's say McDavid says **** this, I want out the second they get swept 24 hours from now.

It's a nigh-impossible trade to make for either team.

Edmonton isn't going to be asking for a 1st + 2nd + a bluechip prospect. They can't. They'll be asking for an astronomical return; a return so significant, that it would drain the team acquiring McDavid of their ability to surround him with good players. Not to mention having to fit his $12.5M caphit and having a franchise with enough money to sign him a $12M check on July 1st.

Let's say he gets traded to Detroit. What does Detroit have to send in return? Dylan Larkin, one (or both) of Lucas Raymond & Moritz Seider, their next three firsts? Is that enough? And if they do, McDavid's going to be in the same situation as he is right now, minus Leon.

The whole situation's fucked.

There is no trade to be made without the other team ripping apart their team or future to make it happen

Sure but they have 2 top 5 players in the game in their prime locked up with Nurse

They are in much better shape than us and pieces coming up
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

They've got a better chance of getting over the hump than we do, sure. But they're still in a shit situation.

And I'm not a believer in their prospects. Not at all.

Back