• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Someone should remind the refs that it's 2021, not 2001. Hooking & holding is supposed to get called.

Fuck the NHL and their politics.

Nico and Patrick were 1-2 in any order depending on publication but neither was a franchise changing star

Makar was the wildcard stud without the experience of playing in a top junior league , but needed time and to fill out

The Finn was talented but his offensive ceiling and PP QB abilities were questioned

EP was a rail thin string bean who was highly skilled but some questioned his transition to the NHL , and didn't produce in big tournaments .

Glass and Middlestaedt were mentioned as top 5 picks by some but EP was not ranked in the top 5
That is part of the reason I still don't mind the kk pick. A winger like BT isn't changing the Habs fortune but rolling the dice on a big centre could have. It would have took giant stones to take makar 2nd overall.

Reactions: CH1
Someone should remind the refs that it's 2021, not 2001. Hooking & holding is supposed to get called.

**** the NHL and their politics.
Hockey culture is the worst. This plus Ethan bear stuff just makes me want to give up on the sport.

Hockey culture is the worst. This plus Ethan bear stuff just makes me want to give up on the sport.
There's something about hockey that has always attracted the underbelly of society.

I love the sport to death, but the conservative nature and "tradition" can beat it.

It's also why I can't stomach Bettman apologists and their low resolution thinking.

The notion that the NHL became as big as it is now because of Bettman is laughable, and frankly, it's one of the dumbest claims someone who actually follows hockey can make.

All pro sports boomed in the 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, hockey included. The problem is, there's a 10 year stretch where hockey is fucking unwatchable. I saw an old game on YouTube, Colorado-Detroit. I think it was in 2002. Two of the better teams in the league, filled with HHOFers on both sides.

The game was so fucking terrible. It was so, soooo bad. Players that, in my mind, I thought were super skilled, were just... not that great.

And Bettman was fine with it, because of tradition. Because this is just how it is. And because of that, it created financial hardships and a lockout that forced them to change the rules and actually call penalties. And from there, the game became good again.

The NHL grew largely in spite of him.

I've always believed hockey is a great sport, but it's like boxing in the sense that, there's always a little bit of an odor that comes with it.

A big fast winger like BT would have definitely helped....especially one that can score
Habs have desperately lacked two key elements this series - thrust up the middle (yet again) and a true PP QB

- Hughes would’ve made a positive difference on the PP but likely offset by mediocre even strength play

- BT would’ve made very little / no difference.

Habs have desperately lacked two key elements this series - thrust up the middle (yet again) and a true PP QB

- Hughes would’ve made a positive difference on the PP but likely offset by mediocre even strength play

- BT would’ve made very little / no difference.

BT would of been a bigger Galagher , fuming on the bench on the results

He would had zero gaols like the rest of the forwards

Brady Tkachuk's a really good player, but he's skyrocketed to one of the most overrated players in the league.

And frankly, he's turning out to be more or less what people thought: A powerforward without high-end offensive potential. A good player. No more.

However, now there are rumblings that he's going to get $8M annually.

$8M? For a guy that is probably a 25/30 guy and plays physical?

Get the fuck out of here.

Back