• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Las Vegas hasn't been that impressive to me, but maybe that was Minny being a lot better than I thought they'd be, but the best series in the playoffs is going to be Colorado-Las Vegas. Starts tomorrow night.

So Seth Jones isn't going to be re-signing in Columbus. Add that to Werenski allegedly looking to exit as well, they're in for a full rebuild soon.

No one wants to stay in Columbus. Dubois, Panarin,Duchesne,Bobrovsky, the others mentioned, maybe others....Torts is gone, what's been the issue? Its not like they all are just leaving for better offers, they seriously seem to make it known they want out in some cases...is management nickle and diming these guys on toilet paper or something?

I mean its not like Buffalo, where a losing atmosphere pervades. The team has had reasonable success till this year.

Last edited:
Werenski wants to go to Detroit no matter what, apparently.

Panarin wanted to go to a big market, Bobrovsky's a mercenary (and Columbus should be thanking their lucky stars he didn't re-sign), Duchene was a rental.

If I had to guess, Seth Jones can see the writing on the wall. The team's not going to be good for a long time and he's going to make a ton of money no matter where he goes. Might as well go to a team that has a chance to win, or sign in a state with lower taxes.

Werenski wants to go to Detroit no matter what, apparently.

Panarin wanted to go to a big market, Bobrovsky's a mercenary (and Columbus should be thanking their lucky stars he didn't re-sign), Duchene was a rental.

If I had to guess, Seth Jones can see the writing on the wall. The team's not going to be good for a long time and he's going to make a ton of money no matter where he goes. Might as well go to a team that has a chance to win, or sign in a state with lower taxes.
Panarin wanted to go to a Russian heavy market ...NY has a huge community, no other NHL market comes close

The Bruins really are pissing me off. While I've begrudgingly admired their 10 year run, I thought their window had run its course, after some serious losses on defence this year and age generally. Won game one against NYI tonight. Can't anyone stop that line?

Back