• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Tampa woke up and decided that play time is over. I wish we had McD and Sergachev on our blue line right now. Too bad we never got a chance to draft them....wait. What?

Just finished reading "Finding Murph". Fascinating,well written. I guess its somewhat well known that Joe Murphy has been living on the streets in Canada for about a half dozen years, but I must have missed it. His life began spiraling downwards quite rapidly after leaving hockey shortly after the turn of the century.

Just finished reading "Finding Murph". Fascinating,well written. I guess its somewhat well known that Joe Murphy has been living on the streets in Canada for about a half dozen years, but I must have missed it. His life began spiraling downwards quite rapidly after leaving hockey shortly after the turn of the century.
Rick Westhead is the only hockey writer that has absolute must-read material.

Any time I see something that he writes on tsn.ca, I read it. He dives a lot into the legal/depressing side of hockey, which is something I find interesting for some reason. He wrote about something about former Blackhawks players that got sexually assaulted and it is getting absolutely zero attention, which is sad.

Rick Westhead is the only hockey writer that has absolute must-read material.

Any time I see something that he writes on tsn.ca, I read it. He dives a lot into the legal/depressing side of hockey, which is something I find interesting for some reason. He wrote about something about former Blackhawks players that got sexually assaulted and it is getting absolutely zero attention, which is sad.

His work is top notch

Great job of interspersing Murphy's story with the history of the NHLs reactions to the concussion issue. Really brings out a lot that I'm sure Bettman and his cronies would prefer to keep hidden.

I wasn't aware of this, thought he had gotten into coaching.

I wasn't aware of this, thought he had gotten into coaching.
According to the book, he attempted to clean up and try coaching in some small town Ontario league several years ago. But the demons returned quickly and he was relieved of his duties. Since then he has been homeless.

Worth getting your hands on for a read Alan. I got a copy at the library through a branch loan..

Back