• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

I wanted Dubois when he was available last year. That would indeed make it a very interesting centerline.

I mean, I think there's a fair argument to make that Suzuki & Dubois are more or less on the same level and your preference could go one way or another. Suzuki's going to be making $7.875M starting next year and I don't think Dubois's going to be making less than $8M / season.

I mean, I think there's a fair argument to make that Suzuki & Dubois are more or less on the same level and your preference could go one way or another. Suzuki's going to be making $7.875M starting next year and I don't think Dubois's going to be making less than $8M / season.
And then you draft Wright and within 3-4 years you'll likely have 3 centers being paid between $7.5-$8 million a season. Doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Reactions: CH1
And then you draft Wright and within 3-4 years you'll likely have 3 centers being paid between $7.5-$8 million a season. Doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

I dunno. Maybe that’s where the cap should be allocated. I suspect the share of cap space dedicated to Cs is lowest in the league. That will change with Suzuki’s contract, but it will still be quite modest.

And with results that follow accordingly. The bigger issue will be to have someone accept 3C, which is why Danault (28 goals) left.

I dunno. Maybe that’s where the cap should be allocated. I suspect the share of cap space dedicated to Cs is lowest in the league. That will change with Suzuki’s contract, but it will still be quite modest.

And with results that follow accordingly. The bigger issue will be to have someone accept 3C, which is why Danault (28 goals) left.

Dano is a 3C who finally hit 20 goals at 29 , had a nice year

PLD is not coming to Montreal

Then you trade Suzuki for a super return and go with Wright-Dubois down the middle if you don't want to be stuck with $24M paid to the centerline.

Outside of Caufield, there isn't another forward currently on the roster or in the pipeline that's getting a big contract from us in the next 5 years. I doubt money will be an issue.

Then you trade Suzuki for a super return and go with Wright-Dubois down the middle if you don't want to be stuck with $24M paid to the centerline.

Outside of Caufield, there isn't another forward currently on the roster or in the pipeline that's getting a big contract from us in the next 5 years. I doubt money will be an issue.

24M for three high calibre Cs in the midst of their most productives years doesn’t seem like a bad thing at all. It would be a sea change for the Habs.

The only problem would be, there's three second line, two-way centers on the team without one of them being the dominating #1 that contending teams have.

I don't think that would be the worst of things, frankly. At the very least, we'll be a lot tougher to get chances on with those 3 + our upcoming d-men.

The only problem would be, there's three second line, two-way centers on the team without one of them being the dominating #1 that contending teams have.

I don't think that would be the worst of things, frankly. At the very least, we'll be a lot tougher to get chances on with those 3 + our upcoming d-men.

Better than what Boston had a for a decade in Bergeron/Krejci when you have all 3

PLD would probably move to wing

Would need PP to fire on all cylinders. I know, I’m asking for a miracle.

We don’t know yet whether Wright will be a “second line” center or a first line center, or a complete bust.

Back