• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Paid or given to businesses. It’s also why I said that the college arena won’t be sold out, there is less than 2K real attendance per game.

How do the owners not put an end to this charade

They must fund about 3/4 of their operations every year

That franchise is a joke. Forget Winnipeg, or even Brandon. They would draw better in The Pas, Flin Flon, Gimli, or Thompson.

Ridiculous.
I would not be surprised if one day we see a Canadian Pro league, i.e. Saskatoon, Quebec City, Regina, Hamilton, Halifax etc. Maybe change the rules to 4 on 4 hockey, rosters of 15 players etc...

I have no idea. Yes Phoenix is a big market but if they got out of Atlanta, surely they can get out of Phoenix. However since I’m moving there in 2 months, they can wait a few years.

I have no idea. Yes Phoenix is a big market but if they got out of Atlanta, surely they can get out of Phoenix. However since I’m moving there in 2 months, they can wait a few years.

Nice , can you tolerate the summer heat

My buddy moved there from New York years ago and says its unbearable from June to September

Nice , can you tolerate the summer heat

My buddy moved there from New York years ago and says its unbearable from June to September
After almost 50 years of Montreal and Seattle, I’m willing to try. There is AC everywhere, it’s not like I’m working outside. Plus summer are the month that we travel anyway, I’ll just spend more time in Canada those months.

Pro sports is not about gate receipts or merchandise sales anymore, it’s about getting a TV deal to use as cash flow for non hockey related businesses. As Vinik said in TBay, he’s not interested in the Lightning as a team or even the Cups they’ve won, what’s important is securing a TV deal to keep growing the free bay side real estate NHL negotiated for him as part of the agreement to buy the hockey team.

Phoenix is something like top-7 TV market in US and one of the fastest growing metro areas, w tons of desert to potentially grow.

Pro sports is not about gate receipts or merchandise sales anymore, it’s about getting a TV deal to use as cash flow for non hockey related businesses. As Vinik said in TBay, he’s not interested in the Lightning as a team or even the Cups they’ve won, what’s important is securing a TV deal to keep growing the free bay side real estate NHL negotiated for him as part of the agreement to buy the hockey team.

Phoenix is something like top-7 TV market in US and one of the fastest growing metro areas, w tons of desert to potentially grow.

What TV deal is Zona going to get to make a buck

Is the league going to fund a new arena

There are a lot of factors keeping that team in Arizona, and the TV deal for that area is one of them.

But when that franchise has been nothing short of an abysmal failure for nearly two full decades in virtually every imaginable aspect...

And they're right fucking next to Houston! Just move them there already and get it over with.

There are a lot of factors keeping that team in Arizona, and the TV deal for that area is one of them.

But when that franchise has been nothing short of an abysmal failure for nearly two full decades in virtually every imaginable aspect...

And they're right fucking next to Houston! Just move them there already and get it over with.
Houston expansion fees are next up…

After almost 50 years of Montreal and Seattle, I’m willing to try. There is AC everywhere, it’s not like I’m working outside. Plus summer are the month that we travel anyway, I’ll just spend more time in Canada those months.
I’ve been here over 30 years. Like anywhere, you get out what you put in. You get 6-7 months of unbelievable weather and deal with 3 months of heat that isn’t as big an issue as people make it out to be.

Florida has it all, you want to snow ski take a trip.

I don’t know what map you’re using but Houston is not right next to Phoenix. It’s about 1200 miles.

lol

Back