• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

out of playoffs
lost in round 1
lost in finals
fired
lost in round 1
lost in round 3
lost in round 2
out of playoffs

vs

lost in round 1
lost in round 1
out of playoffs
lost in round 1
out of playoffs
lost in 1
lost in 3
lost in 2
out of playoffs
out of playoffs
lost in 1
2*

I've seen him bullying reporters, it's not as clear whether he's been bullying players. He seems hard on them and has high standards but I don't know if he's actually bullying players. He's a tough boss for sure but there is a difference. I don't know if he has crossed that line.
“If any of my players sit on the bench for the national anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game,” Tortorella said to ESPN’s Linda Cohn.

just one example

and funny you think that a bully can just turn it on and off

“If any of my players sit on the bench for the national anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game,” Tortorella said to ESPN’s Linda Cohn.

just one example

That's not bullying though. He's making his expectations clear ahead of time and will apply it to any player. (Also he rescinded from that stance still).

Coaches and players dealing with reporters is a whole different game. I'd probably lose my cool on occasion as well. He acted like a dick on many occasions though, so I'm not giving him a full pass here.

Last edited:

just one example

That's not a bully, that's a respect thing. Torts has got it right there. This whole woke thing is making our kids too soft, you need a bit of that old school mentality in hockey to toughen up your players and set the order of command. Now everyone is a racist or a bully, it's got to stop already.

That's not a bully, that's a respect thing. Torts has got it right there. This whole woke thing is making our kids too soft, you need a bit of that old school mentality in hockey to toughen up your players and set the order of command. Now everyone is a racist or a bully, it's got to stop already.
The pussification of our kids is not good for them. They will have a rude awakening when they start real life in the workforce.

The pussification of our kids is not good for them. They will have a rude awakening when they start real life in the workforce.
My girls are tough as nails because of this. I wasn’t going to have them not have thicker skins.

That's not bullying though. He's making his expectations clear ahead of time and will apply it to any player. (Also he rescinded from that stance still).

Coaches and players dealing with reporters is a whole different game. I'd probably lose my cool on occasion as well. He acted like a dick on many occasions though, so I'm not giving him a full pass here.
that is textbook bullying

i always find it funny when people try to justifying being a POS

that is textbook bullying

Bullying is picking on specific individuals, setting standards and applying it equally to all is not bullying, especially if such standards are known ahead of time.

If he's benching anyone that doesn't backcheck or make an effort, that's not bullying. If he's only doing it to some players while ignoring others, that's bullying.

Bullying is picking on specific individuals, setting standards and applying it equally to all is not bullying, especially if such standards are known ahead of time.

If he's benching anyone that doesn't backcheck or make an effort, that's not bullying. If he's only doing it to some players while ignoring others, that's bullying.
OK.

There isn't a word worm has said in the last 12 hours of this thread I could possibly find myself agreeing with, and I'll leave it at that.

Back