• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024 Offseason

My bigger issue is that people who live almost entirely off of passive/investment income pay far less in taxes as a proportion of their income than people whose income is primarily from "working." That seems very inequitable to me.
Thats the thing , the 1% have avenues to cut , evade , or avoid taxes completely

I have no issue with people making millions but when the system is made and rigged for the rich through tax havens , etc.... and the working stiff gets screwed thats BS

BELL here in Canada got 150 mil in funds to pay workers through Covid assistance programs , took the money and let go 15% of their staff

Bezos can GFH when he negotiates a 50 bill pay package with his shareholders while laying off 20% of his staff

He should be hung on Tik Tok for everyone to see

My bigger issue is that people who live almost entirely off of passive/investment income pay far less in taxes as a proportion of their income than people whose income is primarily from "working." That seems very inequitable to me.
I agree. Income is income, I don't quite understand why there should be different rates depending on the type of income. Too many deductions available to only a few as well. Tax code should be seriously simplified.

I agree. Income is income, I don't quite understand why there should be different rates depending on the type of income. Too many deductions available to only a few as well. Tax code should be seriously simplified.
Probably because most donors to politicians, who actually write the tax code, live mostly off of passive/investment income. They (the large donors) tend to get what they want in the tax code.

Thats the thing , the 1% have avenues to cut , evade , or avoid taxes completely

I have no issue with people making millions but when the system is made and rigged for the rich through tax havens , etc.... and the working stiff gets screwed thats BS

BELL here in Canada got 150 mil in funds to pay workers through Covid assistance programs , took the money and let go 15% of their staff

Bezos can GFH when he negotiates a 50 bill pay package with his shareholders while laying off 20% of his staff

Bezos or Musk? Bezos is no longer CEO and doesn't make that much per year (besides investments).

Never had an issue paying taxes to help the less fortunate and provide healthcare, etc, but giving money to people that can work but don’t want to, and then laugh in my face for being stupid for working, always left a bad taste in my mouth. Grew up with a couple of kids from a decent middle class family whose aspiration in life as a kid was to be on welfare. That’s when I realized that something in the system was broken.
I agree, I have no issues paying my share of taxes.. I have been paying school taxes for a life time but i have no kids. As far as they laugh in your face for working let them. When it is time to retire and enjoy life, you will be able to do that and they will be caught in a ground hog cycle.. I work to pay for my lifestyle , no government hand out will do that.. it helps i love my job.. cheers

I wish I could avoid tax entirely....

fucking govt doesn't even let me deduct my suits or court attire AND now are rquiring I justify 6000 in charitable deductions while shovellinh billions overseas without any oversight

I wish I could avoid tax entirely....

fucking govt doesn't even let me deduct my suits or court attire AND now are rquiring I justify 6000 in charitable deductions while shovellinh billions overseas without any oversight
The billions going overseas is set up for the elite

Nobody gets caught cause its corrupt and set up by the elite

How is a judge , PM , President , going to get charged when their money is funneled through the same conduits

35 trillion pays a ton of bills if even a small portion was taxed

Back