• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Champions League, Europa, Conference League 2024-2025

Rough day for Celtic in Europa today, losing 4-1. Good wins for Spurs (2-1 over Ferencváros), Lazio (4-1 over Nice) and the two German clubs (Hoffenheim and Frankfurt).
Meanwhile, United lead 2-0 early in the first half vs Porto, then lost it in 7 minutes. They trailed within five minutes of the restart, had Bruno sent off for a second yellow in minute 81, only to score an equalizer in the first minute of injury time on substitute Harry Maguire's sharp header.
Meanwhile, Galatasaray led 2-0 at the half of their match with Latvian new boys RFC, only to concede twice on the second half to draw 2-2.
Oh, and Chelsea won its Conference League match 4-2 over Gent.

Considering their B team is probably more expensive than the entire combined rosters of all the other teams in the competition, Chelsea really should win the conference league. Also, I really hope Villa end Ten Haag's time in charge this weekend. He is practically begging them to fire him at this point and apparently they owe him a comical amount of money if they do, which as a person with a soul (aka, someone who hates United), brings me nothing but joy.

Rough day for Celtic in Europa today, losing 4-1.
It was worse than that. They ended up losing to Dortmund 7-1. They're just not able to build a roster to compete at that level. They're good enough to snatch a Champions League surprise here and but they need to other team to be switched off a little. Dortmund doesn't really do that.

It was worse than that. They ended up losing to Dortmund 7-1. They're just not able to build a roster to compete at that level. They're good enough to snatch a Champions League surprise here and but they need to other team to be switched off a little. Dortmund doesn't really do that.
Woof, did they have the same fan from the stadium in a ref uniform for the match that we did against Dortmund?

Yeah, comfortable W over a team that Villa probably should be beating comfortably. Good to see McGinn back and Duran starting to give Ollie some rest. Kamara even got a bit of a run and Mings was on the bench. Looking like they might actually have a full roster in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone else surprised by Real Madrid's 5-2 comeback win (from 2-nil down at the half) vs Dortmund? No? How about PSV drawing 1-1 with PSG?
As for yesterday, how about Barca's 4-1 dismantling of Bayern? :oops: That was one crazy result. And Lille taking out Atletico 3-1 was a surprise (to me, at least). Celtic drew 0-0 with Atalanta, and Leverkusen drew 1-1 with Brest. And my Reds won a slogfest, 1-0 over RB Leipzig (Klopp's new club come January).

And after three matches in the new CL format, only Aston Villa and Liverpool have 3 wins from 3. It was fun/funny to hear the Villa fans chanting about being "top of the league" after the match against Bologna. As of now, Milan, Atletico and Leipzig are among the clubs knocked out of Europe.

I mean, you can't say you're top of the group with this stupid format and after going 3-0 to start a UCL campaign, you're obligated by law to crow about some freaking thing.

Back