• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

No one, and more importantly no one's partner would choose to live in Winnipeg over Toronto. No one.
As I said, Berube is from rural Alberta and is part native. He may well prefer to live there rather than in Toronto. For all I know, his permanent residence could still be in St. Louis and he prefers to live and work in the Central time zone. You can't just assume that everyone and his dog wants to be in Toronto. There are plenty of people (even people who live there now) who would gladly move to anywhere but Toronto (and I know because I'm one of 'em)

As I said, Berube is from rural Alberta and is part native. He may well prefer to live there rather than in Toronto. For all I know, his permanent residence could still be in St. Louis and he prefers to live and work in the Central time zone. You can't just assume that everyone and his dog wants to be in Toronto. There are plenty of people (even people who live there now) who would gladly move to anywhere but Toronto (and I know because I'm one of 'em)
I just assume anyone with a choice wants to be in not Winnipeg, those who have lived there or somewhere similar have even more data on the subject than i do, and those that cant afford to leave these places get really really sensitive when everyone makes jokes ( tells truths) about how big of a shithole their city is

I just assume anyone with a choice wants to be in not Winnipeg, those who have lived there or somewhere similar have even more data on the subject than i do, and those that cant afford to leave these places get really really sensitive when everyone makes jokes ( tells truths) about how big of a shithole their city is
Winnipeg likely is a shithole. I've never been, but I've never heard anything to refute the assumption. But large swaths of Toronto are also shitholes, and the same goes for every big city in the NHL. But it is also true that every city also has some very nice areas for people who can afford it, and an NHL head coach can afford it. With enough cash, you can live happily pretty much anywhere. And that money goes a lot further in a place like Winnipeg than in Toronto or Vancouver.

Besides, Berube will be on the road half the time anyway.

I've been watching some of the Bos-Fla series and man does that highlight where the Leafs suck (particularly when it comes to the D breaking out and passing the puck. Btw...kinda loving Bennett!!

Veteran coach obviously have pros and cons. A winning record helps, and a Cup Finals puts them on another level. The big plus for me, is that they tend to have players that want to play for them, and UFAs that have played for the coach will look to sign. They also effectively sheild the team/players when it comes to media scrutiny.

A guy like Tocchet would never have been high on my list, but I like what he is doing and saying with that Canucks team especially with their injuries and underperforming players.

You joke, but this is literally the board's reaction all season long with him. Almost all contract long.

Booooooo! Wait, YAYYYYYYY! Boooooooo again! But maybe YAY, yes YAYYYYYYY.

chris-crocker-britney.gif

Back