• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I think of Bert as bang and crash too, just slow as fuck and not able to really do it other than board battles where players are stuck.

Oilers are entirely capfucked.

They have $9.8m to fill at least 6 starting spots, just to fill out a minimum size roster.

I won’t believe it till I see it. I think even if he leaves, he’ll have the same story Hyman tells now, that he wanted to stay and the Leafs told him to fuck off.

It’s not like he doesn’t produce in the playoffs. He has good overall stats. This was a shitty year under a totally spent coach, and coming off an injury that he probably wasn’t fully recovered from.

It’d be so painful to see them force him out.
Good for a 3rd liner making shit money but not good for a guy making Marner money. 50 points in 57 playoff games over an 8 year span is, for him, mediocre. He's above a PPG in the regular season. His production declines in the playoffs. So if you're a team with loftier goals than just being a decent regular season team, having Marner doesn't do you any good.

Good for a 3rd liner making shit money but not good for a guy making Marner money. 50 points in 57 playoff games over an 8 year span is, for him, mediocre. He's above a PPG in the regular season. His production declines in the playoffs. So if you're a team with loftier goals than just being a decent regular season team, having Marner doesn't do you any good.
Could you pack this post with more nonsense? How many third liners are almost PPG in the playoffs? It's harder to score in the postseason, not easier, and probably most players' production declines in the playoffs, so what is that as a basis for punting him? Having Marner doesn't do us any good. Okay.

Could you pack this post with more nonsense? How many third liners are almost PPG in the playoffs? It's harder to score in the postseason, not easier, and probably most players' production declines in the playoffs, so what is that as a basis for punting him? Having Marner doesn't do us any good. Okay.
Is he getting you to the next level? 8 years of playoff evidence says no. Is he the only player on your roster capable of getting 100 points? Again no. If he was your only star player then you could make the argument for keeping him but he's not. He is expendable.

good luck with your attempts to rely on logic or reason

Reilly, Marner and Jarnkrok for Josi and Forsberg.

dump Tavares on Chicago for a prospect or pick

trade a first for Ullmark

tons of cap space to fill out the roster via free agency. tre would almost certainly fuck that cap space up though and Nashville, i don't know that they would do it

Back