• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

This is why I was so pissed at that signing last summer. 4 years to a 4th liner and keeping a spot away (Again) from our Marlies talent.
AHL guys with limited experience cannot be gud pro bottom 6ers

You can only win in the playoffs with well compensated past their prime gud pros.

Why doesn't anyone else understand?

Move Tavares and Kampf to Utah. Gives them a #1 C and a checking C and lets their young Cs get some shelter. Tavares waives with the opportunity to be a star face for the new franchise, and with the understanding that they'll trade him to a contender at the deadline if he wants. Make it wasy for Utah to hit the cap floor while only paying Tavares $900k.

Get Bjugstad back as a #2/3C. Nice and long just for Brad. 32yrs old with 1yr left at $2.1 before UFA.

Knies --- Matthews --- Marner
McMann --- Bjugstad --- Nylander
Robertson --- Holmberg --- Jarnkrok
Cowan --- Minten --- Grebenkin
Reaves

Rielly --- XXXXXX
McCabe --- Liljegren
Benoit --- Timmins
Webber

Woll
XXXXXX

With about $26-27m in capspace to upgrade the roster.

And if you're kicking one of those kids off the roster for an upgrade, then add about a million more to the kitty for each one you replace.

Love Bjugstad as a 3 but I'm not sure you're making the team better if he's the #2 center.

Short term, Domi is fine at #2C imo. Go deadline shopping if it's a problem but you give him two offensive talents and let them go. Something like Robertson-Domi-Nylander in offensive usage would probably do all sorts of damage. Then Bjugstad to 3 and we're in some business

XXXXXX-Matthews-XXXXXX
Robbie-Domi-Nylander
Knies-Bjugstad-McMann

Obviously that XXXXX to the right of Matthews could be Marner.

Back