• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Pesce just seems like Brodie but with a higher skew towards D and no offense. I remember reading an article about 2 years ago about how celebrated a goal was for him that bounced off someone because it had been so long since hed scored.

I'd be scared for big $$ with him. Could be wrong.
I also don't think I have any interest in Pesce. likely to be overpaid for what be brings. plus, no offense at all.

And really hope we let Bertuzzi walk. I'd be down for like $3M x 3 years or something, but I have zero interest in playing in the $5M+ over 5 years sandbox. Somebody else can take that risk and I'll commend them if he gives them value and isn't busted and done by year three.

Domi can stay or go for cheap. $3M was fair. No raise. Give the hometown discount or go elsewhere.

And really hope we let Bertuzzi walk. I'd be down for like $3M x 3 years or something, but I have zero interest in playing in the $5M+ over 5 years sandbox. Somebody else can take that risk and I'll commend them if he gives them value and isn't busted and done by year three.

Domi can stay or go for cheap. $3M was fair. No raise. Give the hometown discount or go elsewhere.
you're gonna be pretty disappointed by our UFA activity if these are your expectations and hopes

I want one of Montour or Skjei (Maybe Walker, but he’s the only one of the three I’d be worried about) and one of Roy, Tanev, Pesce, though I think Pesce is comfortably the worst of the 3.

you're gonna be pretty disappointed by our UFA activity if these are your expectations and hopes
My hope is they both walk. Or Domi stays for cheap.

Tough to be disappointed if those are my expectations. Unless Tre gives them both big multiyear deals, then I'll be extremely disappointed.

Roy is I think my top choice. Maybe Skjei. If we got those two, I'd be thrilled. But realistically expect we get neither.

Zadorov and Montour is my prediction. (for way too much)

'Hey Ty, hey Max. We know you are arguably going produce more than the captain this year and that's great. Please do it for 50 cents and a quarter on the dollar, respectively.'

'Hey Ty, hey Max. We know you are arguably going produce more than the captain this year and that's great. Please do it for 50 cents and a quarter on the dollar, respectively.'
Actually, they're not going to do that.

And I don't want them to stay.

This is pretty tough to get across when people can't read.

LOFs nightmare offseason:

1. Trade Tavares
2. Acquire Markstrom
3. Sign Lybushkin at 3x3
4. Sign Zadorov at 6x6
5. Sign Domi at 4.5m
6. Sign Bert at 5.5m

Let's see how many of these things happen. I think at least 3 of them may actually happen.
Pretty sure that'd be your nightmare offseason too, no?

I have no idea what they have in mind for goalies, so I can't say anything about Markstrom.

I believe Baboon was a Keefe pet, not a Tre pet, since he got him previously, so I don't think Tre has any independent love for that shitbag. He'll go. Maybe to NJ.

I kinda like Zadorov, so I wouldn't be upset by getting him. But no one is giving him those numbers.

Bert is for sure gone. He didn't earn his money and there will be someone willing to pay him for his ex-Leaf status.

Domi is 50/50. I think he wants to stay bad, and that Tre doesn't want to give him a big deal, so he'll probably stay for cheap just to stick around.

Back