• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Tre was an uninspired choice, I'll give BlueChip (aka Presto's burner twitter) that much

The Twitter algo always shows me that guys tweets. I don't know what that says about me. He has larger rage issues than ME at his worst.

Like trading Jarvis to dump Marleau and Kadri for Barrie/Kerf was a much worse season by a Leafs GM.

Yeah. I get and am totally on-board with the Tree hate. He was pretty much the guy I least wanted us to hire.

But I don’t get anyone who pines for Dubas at this point. Guy fuckin’ sucked and his firing was overdue and well-deserved purely based on his job performance.

The fact that Shanahan was still happy to keep him on the basis of that job performance and only made a snap decision to fire him after Dubas bottled his season-ending presser reflects extremely poorly on Shanahan’s judgement (as does his decision to hire Treliving).

Dubas firing was classic GM-player dynamic, if a player gives you any reason to think he is not 100% invested in winning with your team he needs to be gone. Except in this case it was Pres-GM, and Dubas made too much of how hard this job was.

Couldn't even catch on with Keefe at his new gig.

I guess having a stacked PP that does absolutely nothing doesn't come across great in interviews.

To all,

Please note that I have unbanned WeHave under the condition that he respects Sundin's original ban and does not post on the Leafs forum until Oct 16, 2024.

Habs mods and Habsy can reinforce the ban as they see fit. The ban, banned him across the forums, hence the lift here.

I trust that WeHave will respect this condition. If you do see any posts from him here, regardless of its nature, please let me know.

Back