• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Gordo is one dimensional.

LoF has given us

Beauchmen hate
Kulemin love
A Star Wars level Saga with the Tavares thing
Weird Clean energy
Wayne Simmonds hate and mild racism
The Bland Ass Harvey's chicken sandwich
Dallas
Hating on Keefe ( but like everyone did this, but he also found a way to make a thing about coaches clean appearance or lack there of)

Simply my favorite character on the TV show that i am on
I know them all except Dallas, what’s that about?

I know them all except Dallas, what’s that about?
He loves the TV Show Dallas.

It makes no sense, until you think about it and it makes perfect sense.

I also forgot to add his unhealthy obsession ( and this is coming from me, who's only obsessions are unhealthy) with Henry Cavill, as forgettable an actor as there is.

Domi and Bertuzzi can go. Get them for similar money as last year or move on. Don’t care that the cap went up. They weren’t game changers for us. I’d allocate all that money into defenders and a goalie. Give the young guys a shot at more minutes.

Bertuzzi reeks of a guy that falls off quick. He’s had plenty of injuries in his career already. Find the next Bertuzzi.

Fwiw, here's the "Domi's & Bertuzzi's" to choose from if we're replacing those two in free agency

Toffoli - Another Toronto kid, but 32 and if our goal is to get faster, he's not our guy. Not a terrible idea if the market passes him by though and we can get him on a budget 1-2 yr deal.

Foegele - ....another Toronto kid. This is probably a career year for him and it was only 20/20 so meh. Also 3 points in 14 playoff games for the Oilers this run. 3 in 12 last year...meh. If the market passes him by and we need a cheap 3rd line RW, sure.

Mantha - Checks most of the right boxes, but the SH% suggests that this scoring rate isn't for real and he's actually the disappointment he's been most of the rest of his career

DeBrusk - The most likely to get paid makes him the least interesting option out there imo. If there's any discount on AAV or term it will be to stay in Boston.

Perron - 35+ so it better be a 1yr deal or with a handshake agreement on the population of the island growing by 1 if he falls off. Interesting though. Plays meaner than his size, has complimentary skill still.

Chandler Stephenson - System players that breakout late career scare me as a general rule. Would rather pay one of the guys who has been the same guy at multiple NHL stops like Domi & Bertuzzi. Known knowns vs unknown knowns and all of that.

Dakota Joshua - 21.4% shooting in a UFA year, plays "the right way". Lol, please no. Please no. This has 4.2 million dollars x 4 for 10 goals a year written all over it.

Tarasenko - Actually an interesting guy to replace Tavares with on PP1. Basically replicated a season that got him signed to a 1x5 deal in Ottawa. Okay, I'm listening.

Duchene - Localish guy, decently skilled still. Not exactly a playoff warrior type resume though. Coming off of a 1x3 show me deal and had a 65 point season (which I've been assured is worth 11 million), there are worse ways to spend 4-5 million on 1-2 years I guess.

Anthony Duclair - If we're looking to get faster on the wings...coming off of a 3x3 and a pretty okay bet for 20+ goals

So yeah, if Bert and Domi are both intent on getting market rates with term, definitely consider letting them and grab 2 guys from the pile who slip through the cracks. Might even turn out to be Bert and Max again.

Fwiw, here's the "Domi's & Bertuzzi's" to choose from if we're replacing those two in free agency

Toffoli - Another Toronto kid, but 32 and if our goal is to get faster, he's not our guy. Not a terrible idea if the market passes him by though and we can get him on a budget 1-2 yr deal.

Foegele - ....another Toronto kid. This is probably a career year for him and it was only 20/20 so meh. Also 3 points in 14 playoff games for the Oilers this run. 3 in 12 last year...meh. If the market passes him by and we need a cheap 3rd line RW, sure.

Mantha - Checks most of the right boxes, but the SH% suggests that this scoring rate isn't for real and he's actually the disappointment he's been most of the rest of his career

DeBrusk - The most likely to get paid makes him the least interesting option out there imo. If there's any discount on AAV or term it will be to stay in Boston.

Perron - 35+ so it better be a 1yr deal or with a handshake agreement on the population of the island growing by 1 if he falls off. Interesting though. Plays meaner than his size, has complimentary skill still.

Chandler Stephenson - System players that breakout late career scare me as a general rule. Would rather pay one of the guys who has been the same guy at multiple NHL stops like Domi & Bertuzzi. Known knowns vs unknown knowns and all of that.

Dakota Joshua - 21.4% shooting in a UFA year, plays "the right way". Lol, please no. Please no. This has 4.2 million dollars x 4 for 10 goals a year written all over it.

Tarasenko - Actually an interesting guy to replace Tavares with on PP1. Basically replicated a season that got him signed to a 1x5 deal in Ottawa. Okay, I'm listening.

Duchene - Localish guy, decently skilled still. Not exactly a playoff warrior type resume though. Coming off of a 1x3 show me deal and had a 65 point season (which I've been assured is worth 11 million), there are worse ways to spend 4-5 million on 1-2 years I guess.

Anthony Duclair - If we're looking to get faster on the wings...coming off of a 3x3 and a pretty okay bet for 20+ goals

So yeah, if Bert and Domi are both intent on getting market rates with term, definitely consider letting them and grab 2 guys from the pile who slip through the cracks. Might even turn out to be Bert and Max again.

ChatGPT 5.0?

Kane? Pavelski?

Because it likely is only a 1-2 year deal, and he can't be paid that much i think Perron makes a ton of sense.

He played under Berube and i think he has that cunt in him too

Kane? Pavelski?

Didn't include either because I don't see Pavelski going anywhere that isn't a legit cup contender (assuming Dallas doesn't win it all this year) and Kane doesn't make a whole lot of sense here unless we do end up trading Marner.

Neither have played in Canada and I don't see that changing unless it's a stupid contract on our part.

Duchene and Domi are the only ones there that can handle C at all.

Was thinking about that. Don't want to pay Domi enough that we're pot committed to him at centre though. I'm good with pencilling him in as #2C to replace Tavares during the regular season, but ideally would pay for an upgrade at the deadline and shift him to the wing for the playoffs.

Duchene might thread that needle a little bit, but he's a bitch and I do appreciate Domi's grease.

better outcome than having bubbles in charge of trading him

Bubbles trading him for a handful of magic beans would still be a preferable outcome to losing him for nothing as a UFA a year from now (and having to watch his stupid pouty face for another 89 games or so), or locking him in for another eight years & $100M+.

Yeah, i doubt you meet with the coach in a public setting if you are looking to trade the guy.

It's Tavares gone or LOF gets his wish and only his wish

Back