• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Put up 56 pts last year. Don't think he will come super cheap but between him and OEL you can find a 1 PP puck mover that's way better than klingberg.
No idea if you have to shelter Ghost or how bad if you do, but he seems to be pretty productive for meh/bad teams and keep moving around. Maybe he's like Gus who, arguably the Leafs should have given a better role.

It’s not personnel it’s the dumb shit they ran on the PP.
I mean that doesn't mean you dont consider Stamkos if he's an option.

That said i assume he either takes mega less to stay, or leaves to take the combination of biggest deal he can find with suitable enough contender

Ghost and Stamkos are good for what they are. Not sure thats what the Leafs need to be spending cap space on though. Maybe if Stammer took a cheap retirement deal, but if he wanted that he'd resign in Tampa.

Ghost and Stamkos are good for what they are. Not sure thats what the Leafs need to be spending cap space on though. Maybe if Stammer took a cheap retirement deal, but if he wanted that he'd resign in Tampa.

If Stamkos wouldn’t take top dollar when this core was still young and seemed to have limitless potential, I can’t see him taking a bargain deal to come here almost a decade later to try and rescue these guys from being reviled as all-time playoff chokers.

And as you say, if he was willing to take a bargain deal at all, he’d take one to stay in Tampa.

But..... If they manage to trade Tavares and or Marner, Tampa will offer no more than 5 mill. If the leafs offer 8 (I don't think they should), he might take it.

It might be a good move, cuz Stammer can go on LTIR and give us 8 mill in cap space every year. He's learned from the best.

Big shot from the point is one of those things that becomes a crutch for other nad habits. Teams will start pushing you into using it and it's low percentage even if its an elite level shot. Better is actual net front pressure and quick wristers for tips and rebounds
Kinda like what Hyman does exceptionally well for the Oilers.

Back