• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I completely agree… especially when the answers are exactly the same as previous years

Media should be more like “at what point is it insanity to expect different results”

but my sense is that the media is saving the tougher questions for the coaching/front office
You definitely don’t want to get on the wrong side of players, who’ll give you the Simmons treatment forever.

I completely agree… especially when the answers are exactly the same as previous years

Media should be more like “at what point is it insanity to expect different results”

but my sense is that the media is saving the tougher questions for the coaching/front office
Toronto sports media doesn’t ask difficult questions. They don’t want to upset anyone.

Columbus has more series wins than them in the Matthews era. Only a few teams don't. Trust me, players would be getting scapegoated anywhere they played, much like Joe Thornton and Marleau did.

Ya sorry, our core 5 (AM, JT, Mitch, Mo, Willy) are too much of the same,. It's obvious now. Needed atleast one dick in the group (a Tkachuck, Marchand, Kuch type) or preferably someone you suspect actually might be a psychopath (Crosby, Mackinnon type).

You can't win with your best 5 players being the same, let Weber rag doll me type guy. We were wrong. I've accepted it.

Has anyone even asked about the Pasta goal? What's it like seeing it play out in real time where even an ounce of hockey awareness from someone could have stopped it?

Has anyone even asked about the Pasta goal? What's it like seeing it play out in real time where even an ounce of hockey awareness from someone could have stopped it?
Mo talked about it. He was almost crying. It's emotion. It's a start.

Zero excuse for resigning Mitch.

Slight excuse for bringing him back due to return.

Dump him for nothing. It is far from a disaster if he just goes away and frees up cap dollars. Should have been gone years ago. Selke, regular seasons points, are worth nothing to this team.

Ship him out now.

Good on Mo for taking some blame for it, It wasn't all him but he was part of the problem

The easiest play was on Sammy. He had every opportunity to play that puck and kept his ass on the back post. Second time that series he was caught sleeping too
Of course there is no way it should have went to game 7 OT vs the shitty bruins

Zero excuse for resigning Mitch.

Slight excuse for bringing him back due to return.

Dump him for nothing. It is far from a disaster if he just goes away and frees up cap dollars. Should have been gone years ago. Selke, regular seasons points, are worth nothing to this team.

Ship him out now.
I can't see hi being worth nothing anyways. He definitely has value

why can't the media ask him the question everyone wants to hear an answer to?

not are you open to an extension, but are you open to waiving the NTC?
Listening to these pressers and I can't believe how many softball questions the media are teeing up. Who gives a shit what fun things these guys have planned for the summer? You stood around all morning just to ask that bullshit question that NONE of your readers/listeners/viewers give a shit about? They couldn't even find out more about Matthews' illness aside from "he got real sick" and then "took a weird hit". Honestly, what the fuck does any of that even mean and why did not one reporter push back on that non-answer answer?

The beat reporters who follow the Leafs around may be large in number but they are absolutely toothless. Not one of them willing to rock the boat and ask a real question. This ain't the New York media, that's for damn sure. Even the Habs have a more confrontational media contingent.

Back