• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Ya sorry, our core 5 (AM, JT, Mitch, Mo, Willy) are too much of the same,. It's obvious now. Needed atleast one dick in the group (a Tkachuck, Marchand, Kuch type) or preferably someone you suspect actually might be a psychopath (Crosby, Mackinnon type).

You can't win with your best 5 players being the same, let Weber rag doll me type guy. We were wrong. I've accepted it.
I agree. They are the same guy. It was a bad mix, by being a non-mix to start with. But we don’t need to subtract. We should just add. Keep going top heavy, and go with kids to fill in the roster.

If we decided to walk from both Bertuzzi and Domi, that’s an $8.5m player we could add. That guy should be the psycho. I’ll take that guy plus Cowan instead of the two guys we’ve got. (Though Domi can come back for cheap again).

Juggle that for a year and then Tavares comes off, and then a year later you take your shot at McDavid.

Ya sorry, our core 5 (AM, JT, Mitch, Mo, Willy) are too much of the same,. It's obvious now. Needed atleast one dick in the group (a Tkachuck, Marchand, Kuch type) or preferably someone you suspect actually might be a psychopath (Crosby, Mackinnon type).

You can't win with your best 5 players being the same, let Weber rag doll me type guy. We were wrong. I've accepted it.
This.

Nothing against Marner, AM, and Nylander. Any of them goes elsewhere will have world of success and likely win a cup or two too.

But together they won't win. They will never win.

Time to get rid of the oblivious candidate. No excuse to be brought back.

You definitely don’t want to get on the wrong side of players, who’ll give you the Simmons treatment forever.
A reporter's job is to comfort the afflicted (in this case, the fans) and afflict the comfortable (players, coaches, management, ownership)

Unfortunately, ownership of the franchise and ownership of media outlets has a lot of cross-over these days and no one wants to lose their job for asking a tough question.

forget which writer it was, but someone penned a piece a while back where Toronto was viewed as a perfect spot for the Core 4 because they will always be loved -- win or lose.

Better extend Marner. Unless we want this whole thing to fall apart.

If Matthews gets alienated, it’s over.
If the price for keeping Matthews happy is to resign a cancer like Marner then Pelley should tell them both to fuck off. What have these two clowns ever accomplished in 8 years? Sweet fuck all in games that matter. All these guys do is accumulate meaningless regular season stats (and, apparently, get injured pursuing them) and get paid a metric tonne of money. The Leafs could lose a first round series with or without them. In fact, they played better in the games that Matthews didn't play. Don't tell me you can't comfortably live without him. You could trade these two prima donnas and completely remake your team into something better virtually overnight.

But first you have to come to grips with the fact that, despite his goals, Matthews is not the end-all, be-all of hockey players. He's not McDavid. I'm not even sure he's as good as Draisaitl in the playoffs. You don't need him because he isn't winning you a god damn thing. Trade them and spend that cap space on players who actually give a shit about winning and losing.

Nylander you keep. Tavares you're likely stuck with. But Matthews, Reilly and especially Marner need to go the fuck away. You can't win with guys like these. You will never win with guys like these. Accept that the Shanaplan was a failure, burn everything to the ground, and begin anew with that cap money.

I complimented his earlier quote, but this ruined it.
This guy is not on this planet.

He's a God that will ask for Mathews money this off season. We should be grateful he plays for the Maple Leafs.

I've known for years this little twit never had the mental makeup to be a real performer. He has always played scarred, taking the easy path. He too good to get dirty on the job.

The sooner this diva is off the team the better those resource can be re-allocated.

He's a God that will ask for Mathews money this off season. We should be grateful he plays the Maple Leafs.

I've known for years this little twit never had the mental makeup to be a real performer. He has always played scarred, taking the easy path. He too good to get dirty on the job.

The sooner this diva is off the team the better those resource can be re-allocated.
Send him to Columbus.

Back