• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Columbus has more series wins than them in the Matthews era. Only a few teams don't. Trust me, players would be getting scapegoated anywhere they played, much like Joe Thornton and Marleau did.
And rightly so. What a pathetic milieu where you can't ask an honest question or ever get an honest answer. Why even bother with this PC crapola...you were all mostly trash except for a few rare exceptions. Each year its wash, rinse, spin dry and fuk up by crapping your panties...year after year after year...time to get the xtra strength bleach out...clean house you over paid and underachieving a-holes.!!

Today’s the day they let all the losers have their moment. We’ll see who “management” is on Thursday. Hopefully Pelley.

We're going to look back on Dubas leaving as the beginning of the end, from the looks of things.

And it's all Dubas' fault anyway for not cutting Keefe looser sooner and righting the ship. He went all in on his shitty coach pick, and it fucked him and everyone else around him, made his little power grab attempt a dead in the water move.

Why does a team even need a coach?

Let's go street hockey style for a year and have zero fucking coaches.

Let the players coach themselves and see what happens, rather than have a clown in a suit pretend like he knows something and make all the decisions.
1715021371892.gif

Or is it just CYA?
Why would he or any player bother? They all get paid regardless of how well or badly they play and if Reilly goes on the market he gets snapped up quick. So what's to cover? He wins either way. There are zero consequences for players unless they're at the end of the line in their careers.

We're going to look back on Dubas leaving as the beginning of the end, from the looks of things.

And it's all Dubas' fault anyway for not cutting Keefe looser sooner and righting the ship. He went all in on his shitty coach pick, and it fucked him and everyone else around him, made his little power grab attempt a dead in the water move.
The end of the end should have been the day after the Habs eliminated the Leafs in 2021. Everyone should have been fired, from Shanahan down to the peanut vendors.

They don’t. Habs went to the Cup final a few years ago without one.
And the Expos got to the 9th inning of the 1981 NLCS without one...and then the guy who had the title decided it was time for him to manage and, well, we all saw what happened.

Reactions: CH1
As much as people are hating on mitchy he's still a keeper.

Matthews Marner Nylander are legit elite elite. Trading any of those is still most likely to be a losing proposition.

It's Rielly and Tavares who aren't elite elite. Now people will say that you can't get enough in return for these two.....but people are almost suggesting Mitch be dumped for not much anyways. These two both still have good reputations and aren't bad and don't have terrible contracts (Tavares is only owed $900k in real money next year) - a good GM could capitalize here.

Like trade Tavares and Rielly for Kadri and Weegar or something.

You are absolutely right. But also “I’m a golden god” is getting tough to defend. And he’s one of my favourite players in hockey. But my god…

Marner is a keeper only if you don't give a shit about winning. I don't care how talented he is (or thinks he is) you will never win with that guy. Never. I'm not even 100% convinced that this team can win with Matthews but I KNOW with 100% certainty that Marner is never going to win you a fucking thing. Do yourselves a favor. Dump him. Take 50 cents on the dollar if you have to but get his whiny ass out of that dressing room. He's a cancer.

Marner is a keeper only if you don't give a shit about winning. I don't care how talented he is (or thinks he is) you will never win with that guy. Never. I'm not even 100% convinced that this team can win with Matthews but I KNOW with 100% certainty that Marner is never going to win you a fucking thing. Do yourselves a favor. Dump him. Take 50 cents on the dollar if you have to but get his whiny ass out of that dressing room. He's a cancer.
Didn't you say that about Kessel?

Yeah was just going to say, if all the idiots are saying you can’t win with Marner then you definitely can win with Marner. Their record is horrible.

You can’t win with Kessel, you can’t win with Kaberle, you can’t with with Kadri, you can’t win with Murphy.

Could’ve won with all of them.

I don’t think there is any player in any sport that should have the label “ can’t win with this guy” especially a top 10-15 talent in the game but I do believe that a player and team could simultaneously need a change of scenery desperately.

I think some guys would simply excel better in more toned down markets

Trading Marner is nuts and only a function of this teams inability to get over the hump. Unless you can get an equal player back (which is a tall fucking order) your better bet is to re sign him and then retool once JT is off the books.

Marner is an elite, elite producer. He’s maintained a 95 point pace since halfway through his second season. There are 3-4 (depending on what you think it draisaitl) primo producers who top 100 points year in year out. Behind them there are another 5 or so who are lock for 95 plus and psst Marner is the only leaf on that list.

He’s ridiculously good.

Given where we’re at you absolutely need to explore a trade but they’ve got to be smart about this and the smart approach is definitely not to trade at all costs.

Back