• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

My only point with Kallgren was that the Leafs would've still been a top team in the regular season even with him in net. Every really good team can drag a weaker goalie along to a point.

And fuck, I still take Kallgren over some $6M jalopy on its last legs to waste cap and fuck you when you least expect it like a Jonas fully armed with fresh roofies. I'll take Kallgren and some $5M forward over the $6M goalie, and put all my chips on Woll if those were the only two choices.

Obviously no reason to not keep him but my opinion on him has definitely fallen after see him flounder two years in a row now from March onwards. If they actually make some big dick moves on d and vastly improve their d corps I won't complain too much. But lol.

My only Liljegren wish is that they don't pencil him into or expect him to be a top four d heading into next playoffs. Leafs aren't a team where you can "just play" a guy and hope he figures it out. Not the time to be patient. Play him if he earns it but you've gotta have a better plan A than top 4 Liljegren.

With that said, I don't see why they can't just sign him cheap as a third pair guy. Selling low is dumb.

My only Liljegren wish is that they don't pencil him into or expect him to be a top four d heading into next playoffs. Leafs aren't a team where you can "just play" a guy and hope he figures it out. Not the time to be patient. Play him if he earns it but you've gotta have a better plan A than top 4 Liljegren.

With that said, I don't see why they can't just sign him cheap as a third pair guy. Selling low is dumb.
Yeah but they are playing plugs who can't skate in the playoffs who are trying to figure it out.

Back