• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

This is reminiscent of handing Toskala, Raycroft & Bernier term and huge piles of cash right after they’d arrived and before they’d proven a damn thing.

They must think he's a star and truly believe his contract will be a bargain for the next 4 years. I'm all for projecting future value and projecting long term excess value, but I'm not sure how you can be confident in a goalie with almost no track record? You do a 3 year deal if you can get him locked in at 2.5 not 3.5-4. I don't think Bundy gets that part...

what is Woll's career high in GP? that alone should limit his AAV to less than what it being reported. what are we even doing here. ugh.

is there any reason to sign Woll before he plays out the final year of his contract?

especially for such a generous AAV and term?

They'd be betting on Woll playing 50+ games at the same level, because then he'd be worth starter money, or sign a 1 year deal to walk him to free agency.

Thats the only reason to sign him long term now.

Big risk though.

They'd be betting on Woll playing 50+ games at the same level, because then he'd be worth starter money, or sign a 1 year deal to walk him to free agency.

Thats the only reason to sign him long term now.

Big risk though.
yeah I mean if we're gonna give him the contract that he could maybe earn on the high end of a career year without him actually having that career year...

Back