• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I’ve must have lost touch at what the cool kids consider “investing” today. I thought 8M showed commitment….I’ll just move on with the rest of the day
Spreading risk across two assets is different than going all in on one for 5+ years at real money from a risk management perspective. You know this. Investment 101.

You can also dump them much easier when they cost half the price of a single goalie! And have half the years of commitment. Many many additional benefits.

Are pizza shoes deals supposed to make sense? They just happen.

It was around this time last year that rumors started flying about Reaves and a 3 year deal. I defy anyone to explain that.

I mean I do agree that if they're gonna trade him it probably has to be this week. Need to know what kind of cap space you have heading into free agency. And now is when other teams have cap space to add a contract like that, unless salaries are matched.

Lots of games being played through the media from all parties it seems. Tre's group, Marner's agent and other teams are gonna feed these guys anything that they think increases their leverage.
yah love the media jockeying. sadly expect Ferris to school bubbles.

also, pretty frustrating that management seems to be wasting all their time and effort on this, instead of the other, clearly inferior and overpaid, $11 m man.

If they trade for Saros after paying Woll that, yikes
That's when you get to high cost territory beyond next season assuming a Saros extension. It goes to 10+ in a hurry for goaltending. Still prefer it over paying 1 guy that amount but that's not optimizing your roster at all. Has to be Stolarz or Brossoit and a 6-7m dollar tandem for the next few years (with next year being far cheaper). Which is nice. Just wish they got Woll done a little lower.

But 2 Mutts said 8 years at $11.7m.

There is a guy I play hockey with yesterday who’s kind of connected and was saying there’s talk of Marner to Nashville in a deal for Saros and Forsberg.

Even without Saros being involved, swapping Marner for Forsberg would be fucking incredible.

Can’t imagine it happening though.

Back