• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

EV has a 3-yr deal at $3.1/yr. Not sure how much they've factored in increases to the cap, because it should go up quite a bit over the next couple of years and agents are fully aware.

View: https://x.com/EvolvingHockey/status/1805245504743207068

The model does factor in the cap increase. But 3.1 does make sense as fair market value. I would have hoped for 2.5 fully realizing that it would be a good deal that Woll would probably never accept. If it's 3.5 I don't jump but it's yet another example of Tre paying a bit more than market value for a player.

Theodore+ would be the bust. Sometimes he says such stupid shit.
Respectfully, you will find any Marner trade suggestion as a massive bust.

the Theodore package is significanly better than any of the other ones ive heard ( Would you believe some think Islander D + PAgeau is a good idea?)

I just assume that kind of player is automatic in a return or they do not deal him.

For me that + is what makes the deal an acceptable loss, wash, or possible win.
This is your issue. I don't know how much I believe the extension rumors as anything more than a negotiation/leverage tactic by the leafs.

If they've decided that they will trade him then the + on Theodore does not matter as much as getting a Theodore at all in a trade. Tre can do much worse than that.

Respectfully, you will find any Marner trade suggestion as a massive bust.

the Theodore package is significanly better than any of the other ones ive heard ( Would you believe some think Islander D + PAgeau is a good idea?)
That’s why you just don’t trade him.

The Forsberg Saros one is actually really good value in return. I wouldn’t be upset and would be optimistic actually. Theodore+ is a joke and if that’s the best option, you quickly use it as a threat and get him to sign that $11.7m 2 Mutt extension.

This is your issue. I don't know how much I believe the extension rumors as anything more than a negotiation/leverage tactic by the leafs.

If they've decided that they will trade him then the + on Theodore does not matter as much as getting a Theodore at all in a trade. Tre can do much worse than that.
Yeah, that's fair.

And probably will.

That’s why you just don’t trade him.

The Forsberg Saros one is actually really good value in return. I wouldn’t be upset and would be optimistic actually. Theodore+ is a joke and if that’s the best option, you quickly use it as a threat and get him to sign that $11.7m 2 Mutt extension.
Theodore is like really good.

Back